I enjoy decorating too. We moved here 14 months ago and are gradually getting it to how we want it. Like you, I take my time, but I have fun doing it.
We had a new front door put in on Thursday and it took me a day to get over it!! 
Not much on today, general ironing. I have a friend coming to visit late morning so looking forward to that.
Might take a walk into town for a browse, though we are not blessed with much in the way of good shops here. No major lines except for Tesco Express!! I try to get out for a short walk if I can as I spend a lot of time indoors now I have stopped work, like you I was in social work.
Would you make the deal? Let’s talk about Dorian Gray.



and read a little, try and settle back for a sleep .... need the loo again, get back into bed then the cat wants to go out so up you get. Get back into bed now wide awake (again) so read a little (again) , try and settle back down for a sleep ................... need the loo (again) back to bed and just as you drift back to sleep the cat wants to come back in and no one will get any sleep with the noise she is making so up you get and let her in. Wide awake again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make another 
