Gransnet forums

Bereavement

Last night I became a widow

(319 Posts)
M0nica Thu 01-Oct-26 08:44:24

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible

Harmony47 Fri 02-Oct-26 16:51:08

So sorry to hear your sad news.
I hope you are being supported by your family.
Thinking of you all and wishing you strength in the days to come x

speyside Fri 02-Oct-26 16:11:19

I never thought I’d be a widow. You never know what’s round the corner and all the words in the world don’t mend a broken heart. Somehow we want to live. We have to go on in their name every birthday and every Christmas will never be the same memories everywhere

Trixee Fri 02-Oct-26 14:23:31

Deepest Condolences to you Monica

Harris27 Fri 02-Oct-26 14:14:39

So very sorry.

fancyflowers Fri 02-Oct-26 13:29:01

When my daughter was widowed, she said that friends assumed that she was ok after a few months. If you're not, then don't be afraid to reach out to your family and friends and let them know you might still need their support. Sending my love to you.

grannyqueenie Fri 02-Oct-26 13:28:14

Oh Monica, I’m so sad to read this. I hope all the comments here make you realise just how many people care about you. Be as kind to yourself as you can be in these early days of such sadness, thinking of you and your family too. 🥰 x

Gin Fri 02-Oct-26 12:52:44

Such sad news Monica, take care of youself, keep strong if you can.

watermeadow Fri 02-Oct-26 12:45:33

I’m so sorry. Be strong and try to look to the future.

Doodle Fri 02-Oct-26 12:40:21

So sorry for your loss. 💐

Shinamae Fri 02-Oct-26 12:25:34

💐💐

ferry23 Fri 02-Oct-26 12:14:54

Oh M0nica, I'm so sorry for your loss. Deepest sympathy to you. My thoughts are with you.

Annma Fri 02-Oct-26 11:58:38

Heartfelt condolences and so sorry for your loss.xx

TillyTrotter Fri 02-Oct-26 11:40:31

Sorry for your sad loss and my deep sympathy to your family monica 🥀

Mrsdof Fri 02-Oct-26 10:56:19

My most sincere condolences Monica. Thinking of you

Bellanonna Fri 02-Oct-26 10:45:44

I was shocked when I saw it was you when I opened the thread. Sad news MOnica. RIP your husband.

teabagwoman Fri 02-Oct-26 10:33:29

M0nica, I’ve come late to your sad news. I can’t think of anything to say that’s the least bit helpful so I’ll just say that you have all my sympathy.

GrammaH Fri 02-Oct-26 10:25:26

I'm so sorry to hear this, Monica. Sending heartfelt condolences

Rosie51 Fri 02-Oct-26 10:17:45

Such sad news Monica. I don't know why but I was shocked to see your name when I opened the thread. My sincere sympathy at this painful time. x

baubles Fri 02-Oct-26 10:12:55

I’m sorry to hear your sad news Monica. Sending my sincere condolences to you and your family.

HeatherWhite Fri 02-Oct-26 09:53:48

So sorry, my husband passed 4 weeks ago. It's hard, but the love support of family and friends will help you to pull through.

lovethepuppies Fri 02-Oct-26 09:44:46

I'm so sorry M0nica. flowers

Litterpicker Fri 02-Oct-26 09:23:12

So sorry to hear this sad news, Monica.

Iam64 Fri 02-Oct-26 08:58:43

So sorry to read your sad MOnica., sending sincere condolences . I remember posting that I had become a widow in October 2022. Gransnetters were so kind and understanding as of course, I was joining many other widows. I hope you have support and that you can be gentle with yourself .

speyside Fri 02-Oct-26 08:55:18

Been a widow for 6 months after 41 years the pain and heartache loneliness is indescribable and that’s without all the paperwork problems happened in another country and so foreign languages to cope with I tried therapy didn’t really help for me I’m selling the house too many memories and can u believe problems in it on top son redundant and divorcing having to pay for him I wonder if life will ever be same my birthday and Xmas I’m dreading 😳🙈

Cabbie21 Fri 02-Oct-26 08:47:11

So sorry to read this this news, MOnica.