NotSpaghetti
Coffeedrinkingthinker
Maybe you are right in that grief may fade in time - but my experience alongside two people in my own wider family says that in some cases it never actually fades away.
I agree. Five years ago, My youngest son died very suddenly and unexpectedly at 39, soon followed by his father, who I nursed through terminal cancer a few months later.
The pain was physical. That fades, one gets used to it, but the sadness is always with me; the gap in my life.
Then the big hole left by a partner/husband of over 50 years is hard to deal with - everything done together, now having
to be done alone. One finds out who are ones friends!
Both would have hated me to hide in a hole and drown in tears. It’s hard, but if a big smile is plastered on my face, and I brave the awfulness of solitude, it’s not too dreadful. Tears are in private.