Sadly my husband of 32 years died suddenly at our home on Christmas Day aged 56 - he had a number of health issues but there was no indication he was going to die so soon. I'm honestly worried about how I'm coping with it - apart from a few crying bouts (mainly when I read condolences, think about being a relatively young widow, or posting that he had died) its like nothing has happened. I'm really worried its going to hit me like a ton of bricks at some stage - I seem to be coping a bit too well if you know what I mean, albeit with the help of alcohol (not loads, just enough to keep functioning). Is this normal?
Gransnet forums
Bereavement
Join the conversation
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »



