And I couldn't get to see her and say goodbye. We had been estranged for a little while but were slowly building bridges. She was admitted to hospital overnight and whilst on my way to see her she passed and now I feel so bad.
It's so hard when you've really tried to do the right thing, especially with a tricky relationship. Try not to give yourself too hard a time about it. I moved my, often difficult, mother 400 hundred miles to live closer to me and then managed to be out of town and 100 miles away when she died a year later. I felt hugely guilty, but it's just the way these things happen sometines.
Angie I think it's so sad for you because with a bit more time you may have bridged the gap but you can in time concentrate on the fact she would have known you were trying
I think we all feel quilty what ever happens with our Mums and Dad I was with both mine but it doesn't stop me beating myself up because I was in such shock I don't think I held my Dad I was sitting right by him but I go back over and over in my mind and I don't think I even held his hand, but why didn't I surely I should have been giving him the comfort of touch I adored my dad but I sat like a statue
When my Nan died ( I had her living with me) I had left her room for an hour to be with the kids downstairs when I went back she had gone and I wasn't with her I couldn't believe that she was always frightened of dying alone
I had wonderful relationship with my mum she died over 30 years ago from cancer, sadly she passed in hospital I have been see her regularly was difficult children were small but i too wished had been with her at end,
However I always did my best for her so no regrets,
Will my estranged daughter have regrets i wonder? I won't be around to know anyway,
Sorry to hear you were not able to say goodbye, I know how you must feel as I was not able to say goodbye to my late husband. Take your time and remember the good things that you experienced with your mum
Help please I'm desperate for help with clothes for my dear mums funeral. I'm just about 5 foot tall and due to steroids very bloated especially around my middle, I'm also disabled and a bit bent over so walk with the help of a stick.. I'm terribly insecure especially about my size and would appreciate help on where to buy trousers with tapered legs but elasticated or large waistband. I do like to look nice and have my hair done every week and also have gel nails done regularly. There will be many relatives at the funeral who I haven't seen for many years, to add to my low self esteem the rest of the family are stick thin, please please help me