Magenta8
I have had a lens replacement in both eyes and I now find that I don't need prescription lenses so I just buy cheap magnifying specs for reading. The rest of the time I don't wear specs.
I know this wouldn't work for everyone but it might be helpful for some people.
Specsavers still try to sell me prescription lenses when I go for eye tests.
Do you drive? If so does your unaided eyesight meet DLVA standards?
I was severely short-sighted from the age 11 to my 60s, when I had cataract surgery. I was offered prescription lens in my eyes and as 20/20 replacement was not possible chose to not need glasses for close work but wear them for distances, whether driving or tv.
I would always, always, always wear my glasses when driving and keep spare pairs in every car I drive and I get regular eyesight checks.
You need to check with Specsavers whether your eyesight meets DVLA standards if you do not have prescription lens in your glasses and wear them when driving