Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Writing a haiku!

(13 Posts)
SpinDriftCoastal Tue 22-Sept-26 13:12:08

When I taught in primary, the children used to love writing haikus. They were written as:
Line 1: 5 beats

Line 2: 7 beats

Line 3: 5 beats

So: Leaves drift in silence,
cool light gathers on the lane,
autumn breath exhales.

Anyone fancy composing one?

hollysteers Tue 22-Sept-26 13:56:29

The pale sky darkens
My wasted summer scorns me
I’ll travel again.

Ashcombe Tue 22-Sept-26 14:40:18

Misty morns greet us.
Harvest festival is nigh.
Daylight hours shorten.

CarrotTop Tue 22-Sept-26 14:49:03

The days shorten now,
But speak not yet of Christmas.
This day is enough.

hollysteers Tue 22-Sept-26 14:54:25

Thanks for this thread SpinDrift. I like it, it’s a bit different 👍

BlueBelle Tue 22-Sept-26 15:15:30

I thought you meant a Māori Haka 🤣🤣

Plevey08 Tue 22-Sept-26 15:34:01

That's very true Carrottop 😜

Retread Tue 22-Sept-26 16:56:38

I cannot keep up.
He has long legs and he strides.
I have to walk fast.

(re OH and me on holiday 😄).

SpinDriftCoastal Tue 22-Sept-26 19:24:13

hollysteers

Thanks for this thread SpinDrift. I like it, it’s a bit different 👍

Glad you like it.

Graphite Tue 22-Sept-26 19:47:42

The rains came at last
Dusty brown lawns drank deeply
Fresh green shoots emerge

Plevey08 Tue 22-Sept-26 21:25:31

Beautiful imagery Graphite.
I'm there drinking it in 😊

hollysteers Tue 22-Sept-26 21:37:51

Candles lit at night
The cat curls on its cushion
The day breathes its last.

crazyH Tue 22-Sept-26 21:39:06

I just boiled two eggs
But one was very runny
I ate them never the less.