I'm impressed with the use of concrete & resin but the overall distance view up on the hill indicates the vulva is open and available; a sort of celebration of the openness.
To be honest I would have thought the amount of times genitalia has been used to make an artistic point over the last 50 years, would have rendered the use of the subject redundant. Strikes me as juvenile, and not worthy of the attention its seeking.
I don't think its a good representation of a vulva, especially the colour. Looks very out of place but I'm not sure a giant vulva would look good anywhere!
Blot on the landscape. Not environmentally friendly (that shape, won't it increase water run-off and erosion?). Not attractive. Can't think of any justification except for being controversial.
The article does say it’s in a ‘Botanical Art Park’. So that’s alright then, presumably.
I think imposing public art in a natural landscape though, is a problem. Here in Northumberland there is a proposal to erect a massive steel monument at Wanney Crags, in the middle of beautiful open countryside. Fortunately it is being vigorously opppsed.