I have been to two garden centres this week and both had displays of Christmas cards and calendars for 2027. In today’s one they had nearly finished assembling the animated Christmas village!
I feel guilty now, DS with Down Syndrome loves Dr Who and I have bought him Dr Who duvet cover for (dare I say it) for Christmas, sorry! But in my defence he is difficult to buy for! Please don’t shoot me!
I think this is fine
Homesense started stocking Halloween stuff in July
I must admit it fills my heart with joy when I see Autumn and Christmas things in the shops and garden centres. I know the best season and 4 months of the year (September to December) are in sight and best of all the nights are drawing in.
We were at an outdoor concert last night and for the first time in ages I felt a bit chilly. I’d imagined enjoying the music with a lovely cold cocktail, but found myself thinking that a mulled wine would be nice…
I love mince pies, too, and eccles cakes. I do find a cinnamon bun is an acceptable alternative, or bread pudding. (Preferably homemade, but not by me!)
Well, last year I went a bit crazy with buying mince pies from every store/shop possible, couldn’t get enough of them🤭 I mustn’t start that too early this time😲
If you crave that kind of thing try an Eccles cake until the mince pies are available - perhaps they already are 😬 I love an original Eccles cake, the kind where you get four with a rather dated style of plastic packaging. Nice with a cuppa.
I never see Eccles cakes for sale! Probably just as well, I’d be making a 🐷 of myself…
Well, last year I went a bit crazy with buying mince pies from every store/shop possible, couldn’t get enough of them🤭 I mustn’t start that too early this time😲
If you crave that kind of thing try an Eccles cake until the mince pies are available - perhaps they already are 😬 I love an original Eccles cake, the kind where you get four with a rather dated style of plastic packaging. Nice with a cuppa.
Well, last year I went a bit crazy with buying mince pies from every store/shop possible, couldn’t get enough of them🤭 I mustn’t start that too early this time😲
I volunteer for fundraising at local RNLI their Christmas cards have been available since June!! Basically holidaymakers pop into the shop specifically for them, diaries and calendars
Yes, I went in largely looking for 🎄cards, but I need up buying 2 packs of fudge, too…
I’ve just been to Costco and it’s the same there . They have cards, paper and ribbon by the truckful be they also have lots of Halloween stuff . I’ll go again in a week or two to stock up I think .
I volunteer for fundraising at local RNLI their Christmas cards have been available since June!! Basically holidaymakers pop into the shop specifically for them, diaries and calendars
Don’t send cards anymore, don’t receive them either! Tesco has stocked the chocolate tubs that used to be lovely and big in souvenir tins but are so small these days, not worth their£5.25