Hi, I have worked all my adult life, apart from a few years when my children were young. I am now just turned 65 and have reduced my hours to 21 per week and claimed my work pension. All good.
My question is that next year I can claim my state pension. But should I defer this if I continue working, which I might. I was told that I might have a separate tax code for this. At the moment I pay tax on my work salary but only after the tax allowance, however all my pension is taxed at basic rate.
Is it best to give up my job next year and claim state pension, or defer, if I defer I believe I will be able to claim more later on. Am confused!
This Israeli regime has to be stopped!
Russian interference in U.K. politics
My daughter is lying about me and editing me out of her life.
Trump blames Zelensky for war on Ukraine and says they need a new leader 🙄



