Gransnet forums

Travel

Cunard Cruise line

(30 Posts)
Debbi58 Tue 29-Sept-26 12:49:09

Has anyone been on a Cunard Cruise Ship ?
I'm looking at Cruises for next year and wondering if anyone had any experience of Cunard
Thanks

Lesley60 Wed 30-Sept-26 22:36:11

Barbadosbelle

.

It's wonderful.
You'll have a marvellous time.
Bump up to Grill grade if you can - It's amazing and well worth it.
.

Pardon my ignorance but what’s grill grade

Lesley60 Wed 30-Sept-26 22:40:53

Lesley60

I’ve only cruised on Princess and it took me over twenty years to persuade my husband, he thought it would be snobby and he would have to wear a tux, but he was pleasantly surprised that smart trousers and a tie was acceptable for formal night.
now we are both addicted but I’m afraid to go on any other cruise line incase it doesn’t match up to Princess.
If anyone has found something better or comparable to Princess I will be interested to know, we don’t like partying or snobbery

Forgot to mention I feel a balcony is a must and we always have a drinks package, I’m not a big drinker but enjoy trying different cocktails and my husband likes to try all the different whiskies not all on one night I hasten to add 😂

Bellasnana Thu 01-Oct-26 02:27:56

I’ve been on about ten Cunard cruises on Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria, always in Queen’s Grill and have enjoyed it very much.

I went thanks to Galen who I met on Gransnet. She kindly invited me to join her after my DH died and we got along very well. I could not afford to travel in such style myself so am very grateful for the opportunity.

I’d go again in a heartbeat but Galen is not well enough to travel now, sadly.

mumstheword86 Mon 05-Oct-26 22:21:48

Holland America are great