Gransnet forums

Travel

Peak District

(29 Posts)
Mjord70 Wed 30-Sept-26 14:12:50

I live in the very south of Derbyshire, and at least three times a week we go up into the Peak district to enjoy lunch and the beautiful scenery.
We don't realise how lucky we are to have such beautiful places in this country. Ashbourne is one of our favourite places, with Hartington and Tissington coming up close.
We love going to as many well dressings as we can throughout the year too.

Usedtobeblonde Tue 29-Sept-26 12:27:14

I forgot to say I am also 10/15 minutes away from Lyme Park whose lake Colin Firth strode out of in his see through shirt.🥰

Usedtobeblonde Tue 29-Sept-26 12:23:56

I am lucky enough to have lived less than half an hour from Buxton for 60 years.
It is so gratifying to hear someone post about this amazing area.
We are blessed with beautiful small towns, Buxton , Bakewell, Matlock and many others and villages too numerous to mention.

Away from these are fantastic areas of beauty, rugged, moorland etc and Stately homes in abundance.

Thankyou Donna for giving me the chance to extoll the joy of one of the country’s many lovely areas.

JustkeepswimmingDonna Mon 28-Sept-26 14:08:28

DH and I have just returned from a week in the Peak District. The scenery was just as breathtaking as I hoped it would be. We made the most of our trip: Chester Zoo (cutest baby chimp), heart-attack inducing climb up Mam Tor, beautiful walk through Padley Gorge, a visit to Poole's Cavern (waste of £40), and incredible views from Soloman's Temple. But I had to chuckle (and resist myself) when, on a visit to Chatsworth House, I saw a bust of Mr Darcy (played by Matthew McFadyen) with a sign that read "Please do not kiss" 🙂