ExDancer
You will realise I don't know what I'm talking about when I said I want Windows - what I DO know is I don't want Apple because I watch my husband struggle with his. I assume you can get whatever system you favour put onto a brand new machine, is that correct?
I have liked my Samsung and would consider another.
How do I find out how much memory it has so that I can make sure the new one has more?
(the grandson who usually helps me is working in Portugal during the summer recess from Uni)
No, you can't have whatever system you want, tablets will come with either apple or Android (like a phone), Windows is used on laptops, desk tops and Microsoft Surface tablets. If you are used to using just android then get another Samsung, they are good quality generally Take your existing tablet into Currys/PC World and ask them to check how much "rom" it has. To put it simply, "Ram" is how fast it will work, and "rom" is how much memory space it has to store apps, pics, files etc. If you know the actual make/model of your current one, someone here will tell you how much rom it has, that's the key thing to be able to store more stuff!