Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Successful above lip fillers?

(11 Posts)
Msdaisy Mon 28-Sept-26 22:44:53

I’m 66 and have become so self conscious of the marionette lines above my upper lip. I don’t smoke and always use good face creams I’m considering fillers and/or Botox has anyone tried this and been happy with the results? I definitely don’t want the pout trout look!

123gran Tue 29-Sept-26 14:37:13

No not tried either but have the same (worsening) issue due to protruding teeth in childhood followed by orthodontic treatment (several years wearing a brace). Hope you find a remedy Msdaisy.

Janiepops Tue 29-Sept-26 14:54:26

Do some research on usage, and results. In my town ,a Dr. has opened her own clinic for all cosmetic skin care procedures etc, and tells you realistically what to expect.( if you private message me I can give you her Facebook page, it is in the East Midlands)
Make sure you check credentials, certificates , awards, are real, not just ‘industry qualifications ‘, invented to hang on the walls to look ‘professional’. Good luck.
If I was you, I would definitely put into Chat GPT,(or Claude, or Gemini, or Dola!) “recommend a cosmetic skin clinic with top reviews,properly qualified staff, within 100 miles of my postcode”
If it’s a longish way away, take a friend and have a nice day out too!
Good luck

Alison333 Tue 29-Sept-26 14:56:13

A little bit of lip filler might help if your lips feel narrower than they used to. You don't have to end up with a trout pout. Best thing is to get a personal recommendation and then check the person's medical qualifications and training.

I tried it and after short-term temporary swelling, it settled down and looked very subtle, but it is quite stingy because the lip area is very sensitive. You should have numbing cream on first. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Adele21 Tue 29-Sept-26 14:58:19

I’ve had upper lip fillers and also filler in nose to mouth lines - very pleased with the result which with filler is instant - I would say go for it but do your research on practitioner - the lady I use is a registered nurse who specialises in injectors / fillers

Msdaisy Tue 29-Sept-26 14:59:01

Thank you for all your sensible advise and guidance I shall definitely do some research before taking any risks. I’ll let you know how it goes

Lindylou23 Tue 29-Sept-26 17:13:55

My daughter had her marionette lines done, but not her lips and looks very natural.

Tenko Tue 29-Sept-26 17:15:01

I don’t think you can have Botox around the lip area, happy to be proved wrong. I was told fillers can be used for above lip lines . I had it done years ago and it was very painful , even with numbing cream .
Research for a good practitioner who will make it subtle rather than a trout pout . I used a skin clinic which is doctor lead .

Shinamae Tue 29-Sept-26 21:21:54

It’s all very well having filler , but it doesn’t last. I think you have to redo it every 12/18 months. (same with Botox)
I have very thin lips always have had, but I will not have fillers cause I would just be so scared of having a trout pout…(and I’m pretty sure it would be painful)

GlammakAz59 Thu 01-Oct-26 10:04:47

Yes it is painful I've had fillers for the lines above lips didn't like the look afterwards, and several years later tried one session of laser which was very painful and only improved them slightly I think more sessions would be needed. Not sure I can stand the pain again. I do think this is one area that puts years on us ladies.

WillowBreeze59 Wed 07-Oct-26 01:55:13

I saw an ad somewhere talking exactly about this, and they were advertising a product that is meant to work immediately. It is called Éline Paris. I am actually going to purchase it for myself. They do have very good reviews. It is primarily for the more mature woman, though they do say it will work on everyone. Plus there is a money back guarantee. I have spent so much on face creams that don't do what they say, showing women with the "before and after" look, which the "after" is really nothing more than a Photoshop picture, that I admit I was naive enough to believe at first. This particular ad though stood out to me, as it was different to all the others. This cream is in a tube, and there is no waiting 2 months before you see a difference, (or not)! It works straight away. I'm sure if you maybe Google it, then the web page will come up, and you can then have a look for yourself. Hope this helps. Good luck.