I admit I live in mine, chunky ones for dog walking, lighter ones elsewhere, but I still miss seeing “normal” ie smart (ish) shoes especially on men.
Before he retired Paw always wore polished leather shoes to the office and I don’t think even possessed a pair of trainers!
Sir Stephen Fry got his gong from the King yesterday and looking closer at the pic, saw he (not King Charles) was wearing Skechers (extreme bottom right, the S clearly visible) with his extremely voluminous morning dress trousers. Hmm.
I spy a gap in the market for shoes for both sexes which are as comfortable as trainers but don’t look like them.
How to write your own book, have you had any experience?
Sudden pain in back of leg behind knee
My daughter is lying about me and editing me out of her life.
trainers, they weren't quite as ubiquitous then as they are now here in the UK. I never really liked them, but eventually caved in to wear them beyond the gym, my left leg has some wear and tear around the groin area and I feel I need a shoe with some shock absorber factor come warmer weather I'll be in sliders, I don't like the feeling of my feet being encased, but again I have to shop fairly carefully for those too now it's a drag. I always remember my grandmother and what I considered then 'her little old lady shoes' which no one outside that generation would wear. Not so with trainers, inter generational. Comfort becomes a thing as we age, so I guess that's why Stephen Fry had his Sketchers on. 