Every 2 years I deck the car with England flags for either the World Cup or Euros. This year, I have England wing mirror covers too. The flags are not usually on for long, but I never give up hope of a 1966 repeat performance.
First England match just about to kick off, but it's being Sky-plussed to watch later as grandsons are here for tea.
So I'll now have to steeer clear of GN, Twitter, Facebook, News etc
And I prefer bright yellow, round, small balls. Wimbledon ahoy! Yay! Rafa swoon. Roger double swoon. As of Monday, I may be conspicuous by my absence. However, as I'm a GN addict, I shall still need to keep tabs on you lot...especially that naughty nellie
Still cannot understand the excitement about it all. it is after all only a game, glamourised by the media. Grown men dancing around like puppets if they win, crying if they do not, unable to accept the authority of the referee, and win or lose, still getting paid far too much.
I did not watch (surprise!), but my husband agrees with you crimson -( I do get a blow by blow description after the match). I thought they were paid to win.
Lots of chit and chat about the match in the shops/ hairdressers etc. I agree that we wouldn't have won prizes for style or artistic interpretation , but who cares? We won!
To me football is 'the beautiful game', but it's lost it's beauty. Cloughie will be turning in his grave. Very impressed with Gerrard these days, though.
It's still a beautiful game crimson the problem is the people who run OUR game and OUR clubs...All they see is money, money, money...Can't really blame the players, if they are offered silly money they will take it, Cloughie would
I'm a tad optimistic tonight. This is a concern as I'm the biggest pessimist ever. Our new manager seems pretty good; my ignorance of football means that I don't know much about him. I think I'm impressed that he can speak Italian, which doesn't actually mean that he can guide the England Football team to victory. But at least he can swear at the Italian team in their own language if they beat us, which can only be good, can't it ? Err, we are playing Italy aren't we .....
I shall be 'virtually' cheering for them ...while not actually watching the game!!
From going as 'no-hopers' {according to the media} ...the same people are now talking about who they'll be playing in the final! {get a grip} ...and no doubt the same people will be moaning about our poor performance/mistakes/what if scenarios/told you so