Gransnet forums

Site stuff

A new annoying popup

(111 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

Grammaretto Fri 21-Aug-26 17:24:10

It only appears on Gransnet and I think it's advertising some kind of anti virus.
I try to delete it but it pops back and after a couple of times my half written post has vanished.
Mega annoying.
Can you help HQ?

Dickens Sun 30-Aug-26 08:17:59

My anti-virus software is blocking this ad - it is definitely a 'bad actor' which has slipped through the net - GNHQ will have to sort it out.

Sweetpeasue Sat 29-Aug-26 23:26:48

PiscesLady

Sadly still getting this pop-up. On Oppo Android, GM thread. Also screen locks, this is my sixth attempt to report.

Ive been getting this and have lost several posts as my phone freezes.

Fallingstar Sat 29-Aug-26 22:40:38

The pop up that stops me quoting a post is back again, every time it blooming well blocks me.

Jaxjacky Sat 29-Aug-26 21:10:22

Making it so difficult to post and nothing from admin, disappointing.

MayBee70 Sat 29-Aug-26 21:00:33

It’s really bad

Iam64 Sat 29-Aug-26 20:41:30

I’ve just opened gransnet, 3 popups in a few minutes

Sadgrandma Sat 29-Aug-26 20:30:48

Parsley3

It is getting worse. Three times just now, it has wiped out a post I was trying to write. Grrr!!

I’m still having this problem too although the pop up seems to have disappeared

Greenfinch Sat 29-Aug-26 16:11:55

I only write one- liners now as my posts invariably disappear.

Parsley3 Sat 29-Aug-26 16:09:38

It is getting worse. Three times just now, it has wiped out a post I was trying to write. Grrr!!

ViceVersa Sat 29-Aug-26 15:00:13

JenniRen

Oh, goodness, we all need to check!

It's still popping up, even more frequently.

Yes, it is. I've noticed that too in the past couple of days.

JenniRen Sat 29-Aug-26 14:50:59

It's getting worse.

JenniRen Sat 29-Aug-26 11:00:53

Oh, goodness, we all need to check!

It's still popping up, even more frequently.

MissAdventure Fri 28-Aug-26 22:15:39

I'm on a samsung phone, amd have been getting the ad that PiscesLady showed.
It freezes the screen, wipes out anything I'm writing, pixilates text, and is impossible to click on, close down or do anything, really.

Iam64 Fri 28-Aug-26 20:26:51

It’s also a bit of a worry.mmi discovered I’d signed up to a subscription - without my knowledge. Luckily my bank fraud dept reimbursed me. They said if they were unable to reclaim the money, they’d take back the cash they reimbursed me. That didn’t happen and my cash was returned
It’s made me aware how careful we need to be

merlotgran Fri 28-Aug-26 20:16:43

It’s as bad as ever on my phone. Really annoying and I wish HQ could fix it.

Esmay Fri 28-Aug-26 19:58:29

It isn't a new problem for me ,but it's far worse than before.

Fallingstar Fri 28-Aug-26 13:43:21

Esmay

Advertisements tends to wipe out my responses on Gransnet .

Me too.
This morning I couldn’t quote any post on GN because a pop up kept getting in the way. Has now stopped but have had this happen several times. I click on the drop down bit that includes the quote facility and up comes an ad for Butlins etc., completely blocking it.

Esmay Fri 28-Aug-26 13:25:51

Advertisements tends to wipe out my responses on Gransnet .

PiscesLady Fri 28-Aug-26 08:58:36

Sadly still getting this pop-up. On Oppo Android, GM thread. Also screen locks, this is my sixth attempt to report.

Iam64 Thu 27-Aug-26 20:12:01

PiscesLady

And now this one!
So pleased for those 'missing out' !

I’m on Apple iPad and this just popped up on two occasions

GrandmaRosie Thu 27-Aug-26 10:39:19

I’ve had this several times too, on my iPad. Glad it’s not just me though!

PiscesLady Thu 27-Aug-26 10:34:55

And now this one!
So pleased for those 'missing out' !

Basgetti Thu 27-Aug-26 10:34:15

Me too. Feels dodgy.

Jaxjacky Thu 27-Aug-26 10:30:27

BlueBelle

I m on Apple iPad and iPhone and not had anything is it an android thing ?

Same here BlueBelle and I get them.

PiscesLady Thu 27-Aug-26 09:31:59

Just looking on the GM thread on my Oppo Android phone and this popped up.