I get the GN daily newsletter and this morning it informed me that these were being purchased by members As sometime suggested, they are based on browsing history. I must,therefore,be in need of a long drink of water after eating an energy bar to help my sore neck and to overcome my fear of hot handles.
The fashions too! Strangely unappealing even if I was 40 years younger so they're wasting time and their advertising budgets, aren't they? I suspect they help to keep GN afloat.
The link when you click on the advert contains a unique identifier. So if you buy something not only do they know that you clicked on an advert on gransnet but also quite likely your username and all the other details that gransnet knows.
The ads on the side are usually related in some way to the threads you are reading, so I guess they’re prompted by keywords in the content. I don’t really look at them.
Blimey!! What did you do/say to get those!?? I'm talking about the section in the daily Gransnet email, lising trending topics etc and including the section as follows - this is today's ( Dec 4th)
I don't know but I also wonder about the advertisement that show on the pages too. It's suggesting these to me (click on these to me rowyn) I am not a man nor do I require a flying jacket
I read the section each day which apparently tells me what Gransnetters are buying . I've never yet seen anything that appeals to me. That may be my fault, but it led me to wondering where the information comes from and just how many have recommended each item? Or is it just a subtle way of advertising?