It was a graphic description but not offensive - I felt the poster was expressing very hurt feelings, had suffered in the past, and has a very jaundiced view on male partners as a result.
Count me in the ridiculous/disingenuous camp too because I didn’t understand the narcissistic relative reference either - I just thought it was a post about anal sex
Can someone please explain what’s going on? I can’t see anything from grapefruit on here that warrants pictures of wooden spoons or lectures on abrasiveness.
I've just spent at least 10 mins of what precious life I may have remaining looking for offensive posts. If the one in question is the one I've located I would suggest that for those who find it offensive don't even think of watching Fleabag
I'm sorry you found it foul grapefruitpip. I thought Fleabag was explicit but clever, funny and sad. I suppose we are all different and some more sensitive about explicit sex than others. I just think it's a bodily function like any other, but don't like cruel or exploitative or violent stuff. In fact I think generally I'd be far more upset by violence than graphic sex talk.
I thought Fleabag was a poster ??? Well of course I had to go and find the offensive post it was a bit ripe but I did have a smile I know where she’s coming from although I wouldn’t be quite so graphic even in private much less on here Let’s stop getting at each other, no need, we all are different and have different levels of tolerance
I've been a social worker, a teacher of PSHE and I currently work with homeless people, so I'm no stranger to ripe language or graphic descriptions, but Gransnet I admit to metaphorically clutching my pearls (which incidentally I do wear) when I read the 'offending' post. And no, I wasn't offended in truth, but I didn't like it.
grannyactivist ....you’re right, you can dislike something without finding it ‘offensive’. The post on various aspects of sex was graphic but didn’t offend me , although I admit to thinking ‘how different to the home life of our own dear Queen’ ?