Well here we are another year old, its been a old strange year for me.
Gransnet has changed over the last year with lots of new members and some members who we have lost but wont be forgotten. Heres to the good fun and some fantastic support that can be found here on GN.
Thanks to all the team at GNHQ who put up with all our shenanigans.
I found it when I googled 'empty nest syndrome', and it was lovely to find a discussion on it and not just a clinical description. And to find Grandmas! Mumsnet always seemed a bit too big and unwieldy to me, Gransnet is the sitting-room to Mumsnet's School Canteen!
Sometimes frustrating, always interesting, had some lovely prizes, some lovely real & virtual friends gained from it - & I'd never have known what a Hackathon was without it!
Happy 3rd birthday to Gransnet (AND happy 3rd birthday to my first granddaughter, Izzy! ) I love the huge variety of topics, the competitions, my local site in North Yorkshire and the fact that Gransnet feels right for me.
Happy Birthday Gransnet. I'm definitely addicted. Get quite put out if real life gets in the way. I'm very glad I found GN and I've won some lovely prizes too.
Happy Birthday Gransnet ! I found you about a year ago - maybe a mention in a newspaper - and it was like a breath of fresh air while I was in the polluted are of Beijing last summer. I love the humour and the wide variety of subjects we manage to cover.
Sorry - belated Happy Birthday! (Got carried away with Mr Farage's thread and ran out of time - this happens all the time. DH is wondering if it's grounds for divorce!)
Happy 3rd birthday to Gransnet (AND happy 3rd birthday to my first granddaughter, Izzy! ) I love the huge variety of topics, the competitions, my local site in North Yorkshire and the fact that Gransnet feels right for me.
Huge thanks for being there Gransnet. You've provided me with laughs, help, sympathy, support, some free books, some free toys, chocolate samples, a huge print over the bed and a holiday to be taken in Wales in June!
Thank you to all fellow Gransnetters for being there too!
Happy Birthday to Gransnet and well done to GNHQ for all of the hard work they put in on our behalf. Best wishes also to all of the lovely (and funny) people who post regularly and keep the forums going.
Happy Birthday those three years have had some major events for me. My GS had open heart surgery, my youngest GD was born, two weeks later my mother died. I turned 60 and during all that I was in the middle of a messy split from my ex partner (he was the biggest mistake in my life, what was I thinking urrrrggghhhh ).
I don't post as often but read a few posts most days. I enjoyed the parties in the early days and think we have probably scared off the more sensible posters who likely ended up on Grannynet.
Darling daughter told me about GN when I became a granny. I'm glad I joined as I have made a lot of friends here! It can get nasty on occasion but we all rub along on the whole.
Just had a look at the Grannynet page, Faye, and it said 'for Grannies in the know'. I have decided not to join as I don't seem to know a lot and am still learning!(and probably do not qualify as 'sensible)