I love the toad. We have a lilypad pool in the garden for birds. Passing dogs drink from it, birds bath in it, and today I saw a long tailed lizard draped over about to have a drink. As I went for the camera DH shouted "it's fallen in" and we both rushed to rescue it. They can obviously swim as she/he had disappeared quickly. For the first time ever I have seen a lot of baby lizards around, only about two inches long including the tail.
Was that red kite shysal ? I saw some Himalayan Balsam today that had gone "double" Instead of the usual tidy 2 up 2 down pink flower it was a random, tassely untidy one. Seems to be spreading. But after a tedious 20 minutes or so trying to get a decent ID pic of DH earlier (3 cameras before he was happy) I did not take a camera out for the walk!
JessM Himalayan Balsam is a very invasive weed.In our area we are advised to report spreading growth to some environmental dept. and have it thoroughly removed.