Gransnet forums

Scams and fraud

Has anyone used Master of Malt

(9 Posts)
pably15 Sat 19-Sept-26 13:48:15

I use this company often and they are brilliant, yesterday I had an email supposedly from MOM saying that their data had been breached and unfortunately they had got my name, email address and phone number . but they hadn't got my bank details or password, I was a bit suspicious when it was signed by
Justin....founder. and how sorry he was.
I don't think the founder of MOM would take the time to email customers....it was [email protected].
I put it in the trash, and googled to see if there had been a breach,,,,what I found was more customers had all got similar emails. just thought I'd let you know and if anyone gets this type of email, please do not click on [email protected] think this is the link ,do not click on it..

YorkLady Sat 19-Sept-26 17:54:24

I have bought from here about 18 months ago. Not had an email. Thanks for the warning though

paddyann54 Sat 19-Sept-26 18:38:45

It’s a small company who I often use. I,ve. never had any issues with them.
On a similar theme I had a new debit card arrive in the post,I didn’t request onesoI phoned the helpline and learned my card had been compromised and they cancelled it and sent a new one.
That has never happened before but I spent an hour cancelling my details that are held by several companies including g the one you mention.
I did wonder if it was a scam before I spoke to the bank.

BlueBelle Sat 19-Sept-26 18:39:35

Never heard of it what do they sell or shall I google it ?

I had an email yesterday from Santander ( I don’t bank with them and never had any dealings) saying my money for a laptop was due out I don’t have a laptop either

pably15 Sat 19-Sept-26 18:42:18

Bluebell they are a company who sell alcohol,,,malt whisky ..

paddyann54 Sat 19-Sept-26 18:45:30

My husband collects whisky’s they haves all batch rare malts that are hard to find

Galaxy Sat 19-Sept-26 18:53:16

I have used them. Have had no problems in the past, and have had no email.

BlueBelle Sat 19-Sept-26 18:53:21

Ok thanks Pably i m not much of a drinker and the smell of whiskey smells like poison to me
Like a cider and that’s about it, cheap gal me

pably15 Sat 19-Sept-26 19:04:43

bluebell, I hate whisky, but I buy it at Christmas....I do like a brandy though