I could relate to your post Sugarpuff I had the same experience when I was in my early forties. A very pleasant single man I had previously worked with and got on well with went to give me a hug one day when we met on the street. I stiffened and stepped back, his face dropped. I felt terrible, it wasn't him it was me. I believe it was from having no physical contact with anyone besides hugging my children that made me react in that way. My marriage had broken up a few years earlier.
I was like that for a few years, I turned down dates from some very nice men. I think it was my lack of confidence with men, having only one brother, only female cousins and going to an all girls school and marrying the man I met when I was sixteen. I eventually got past it and if someone gave me a hug now it wouldn't bother me at all.
I never used to hug my brother when we met up and we get on well, though I made the effort a few years ago and hug him now when I see him. He is the only other adult family member I spend any time with nowadays. I often think we are a product of our upbringing.
This Israeli regime has to be stopped!
Russian interference in U.K. politics
My daughter is lying about me and editing me out of her life.
Trump blames Zelensky for war on Ukraine and says they need a new leader 🙄


