Thanks for your messages. I realise I am maybe blowing things out of proportion a little. I know I am very lucky and should be grateful for all that I do have in my life and I am, extremely. But I just want something, a little bit of it for myself. I'm an only child in a one parent family so mum's been there and heavily involved in my whole life. But I don't think there's ever an occasion when my daughter's visiting me, that my mum's not present as well. I have to arrange to visit my daughter in her home or in town just to get a bit of time with her. It does seem like mum has my daughter on a bit of a pedestal and I just think it's a bit wrong, I have one grandson but five daughters, and I feel sometimes that the others don't get a look in where mum;s concerned.
I know these feelings will pass, I've felt them before, when I first became a grandparent and they subsided but for some reason today, they've just flared up again.