sazz1
I'm looking for advise or a solution if anyone has one. We have 2 spaniels who both moult a lot all year round. The hair loss on the 6yr old is horrendous all through the year. I can't understand why she's not got bald patches anywhere. I've spoken to the vet, had her examined and he's said it's just central heating (this was in winter) and nothing wrong with her.
She's on a good diet, wet and dry food with occasional carrots, sardines, eggs etc.
Anyone have any knowledge of anything that could slow it down a bit? Perhaps it's a spaniel thing as we haven't had spaniels before. Had dogs all my life but never seen this amount of moulting before. Her coat is shiny and looks in great condition. She's very fit and active too.
We have spaniels, we have one now who is just over 12. They also seem to moult, but in the summer I keep their coats very short with regular trips to local groomers and she also has a good bath there too.
None of ours have ever had bald patches, though they’ve all shed so much hair.

