Can you tell me more about it? On one of my racing forums we have an American lady that tells us a lot about American racing and I've followed the triple crown ever since the days of Sunday Silence and Easy Goer. I also, of course, followed the career of the legend that is Zenyatta [and now watch her with her babies].
Tegan,Just now saw this reply.My DH placed that picture.I asked him and he said you all like horse racing? anyway,we have a yearly steeple chase. several of your royal family have visited it. My DH was a sports writer so of course his mind would of gone there.
Ella46,aaah how old is she? Savannah is such a pretty name.Is she a Tom boy? do you say that? We say it meaning a girl that's outside with the boys,climbing trees and out running them and getting dusty and dirty.I remember having callouses on my hands from climbing trees. Or...is she just little and messy?
Frank,If you don't want the dogs to lie in certain spots maybe there is a spray that can be put on the carpet that "repels" them. I used such a product to keep my cat from scratching my carpet. It did work.
Dog Molly picture put up by DH,I use a iPad not a big ole lap top.he also add my cat Shelby,and the headless football player??? Why? That was his creation maybe like his own Guy!
Evidently what dogs do on carpets !! leaves a chemical trace no matter how well you clean it. These chemical traces attracts them back to the spot. There are supposed to be special (and expensive) cleaners that remove these pungent, to dogs, traces.
I don't think the heating pipes will run in that direction by logic. I would have thought the dogs would have been warmer by the fire. We have always been quick to replace dogs when they pass away so the smell of the previous dog may have been there.
Are there by any chance heating pipes under the floor at this point, Frank? I have found that cats always gravitate to places where heat comes through the carpet - and yes, I know that Andie is not a cat.
I have just had a new carpet fitted today costing £450.00. I decided for a medium quality carpet as there have been dogs in the house for over 60 years and in every case they like to go into this one spot when I am at home in the lounge or visitors. We have tried putting mats in the area but they have never gone on them and just find another spot on the hard carpet. I have just decided to accept the situation and to give it a clean periodically and accept that the lounge carpet does not last as long as the others. I am just wondering if other gransnetters have one dog after another like that. Oh as I am writing this Andie has just come in the room and he is looking up at the screen as if he is trying to read it.