Gransnet forums

News & politics

Jeffrey Archer has died

(56 Posts)
denbylover Tue 06-Oct-26 01:06:55

I’ve read, I suspect, just about every book he’s published. Eagerly awaiting Adam & Eve, advertised as his last publication.

A tremendous loss firstly to his family, then to his legion of fans & the literary world in general. One of the best story-tellers ever I think.

mokryna Mon 05-Oct-26 23:15:05

RIP

He was interviewed this last weekend on the radio.

Fallingstar Mon 05-Oct-26 22:18:10

MayBee70

Saw an interview with him the other day saying he’d retired from writing books..

I saw that too.
He looked in good health.
My thoughts are with his family, a sudden death is always so hard, the shock of it will take some getting over.

MayBee70 Mon 05-Oct-26 22:13:31

Saw an interview with him the other day saying he’d retired from writing books..

Retroladytyping Mon 05-Oct-26 22:07:17

Just read this too. Very sudden too. Can't quite believe he was 86. RIP

Patsy70 Mon 05-Oct-26 22:01:57

Just heard that Jeffrey Archer has died unexpectedly at the age of 86. He was due to publish his new novel ‘Adam and Eve’.