Gransnet forums

News & politics

H&M Again- Change Of Schools.

(304 Posts)
Calendargirl Tue 15-Sept-26 07:01:33

So H&M have changed the childrens school, after only a few days there.

Suddenly, the school run has become a huge security risk.

Did they not give any thought to this before enrolling them there? Practice runs at either end of the day, to assess the risks? šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Hardly the best start for two little children, moving continents, homes and schools in a matter of days.

Yet another reason for the ā€˜security’ issue to raise its head.

The manipulations are pretty obvious.

Norah Mon 05-Oct-26 12:58:25

Smileless2012

But can he pay for armed security Norah because that's what they want.

Of course the King can't pay for armed security.

He could pay for security for his own son and son's family.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 perhaps he [Harry] could experiment with the remarkably effective security measure employed by millions of private citizens: keeping his diary to himself.

Indeed he and his family could remain silent as to his diary. His father, the King, could privately provide a sizable unarmed security detail.

Smileless2012 Mon 05-Oct-26 12:25:37

But can he pay for armed security Norah because that's what they want.

Norah Mon 05-Oct-26 12:16:38

GrannyGravy13

Sarnia news outlets are reporting that the police have confirmed that the photographers were foreign paparazzi.

These so called photographers do not have to uphold the pact that British media have with the royals regarding unsolicited photos.

I totally understand the concern of H & M and other parents at the school, especially as AI can manipulate any photo…

Agreed.

The King could easily pay for their security, putting an end to drama. He seems able to allow and perhaps pay for his horrid brother.

Calendargirl Sun 04-Oct-26 20:31:19

And Diana should have been wearing a seat belt.

Mollygo Sun 04-Oct-26 19:40:43

Since Diana has now made an appearance, and you’re talking about danger . . .
At the time, the accident was reported to have been caused by Diana’s driver
a) exceeding the speed limit
b) having taken an excess of alcohol above the legal limit.

Should the paparazzi have been chasing them?
Should the driver have been drunk?
Should he have exceeded the speed limit?

Should we have paid or be paying now for armed security for someone not involved in official Royal duties?

Syracute Sun 04-Oct-26 18:38:55

Emeraldforest

At first I thought this was about H and M the shop.Ah dear. I think we should leave them to it, they obviously want to be hear and mend things with the family, no need to read anything sinister into it.
The more vitriol directed at them, the more they will need security!

Exactly this and they have children .

Security wise it’s more about being able to have armed security which as normal citizens they are not allowed.
The nasty comments here inspired by tabloid headlines foment this and bring danger just like it did to Princess Diana.

appletree21 Sun 04-Oct-26 17:49:08

FriedGreenTomatoes2

Harry’s security strategy appears to be:
1. Publicise his itinerary.
2. Invite extensive media coverage.
3. Express alarm that everybody knows his whereabouts.
4. Send the protection bill to the taxpayer.
That is not risk management; it is a publicity tour with the invoice sent to the audience. Before demanding publicly funded bodyguards, perhaps he could experiment with the remarkably effective security measure employed by millions of private citizens: keeping his diary to himself.

I agree 100%.

MaggsMcG Sun 04-Oct-26 17:32:23

Apparently in inherited a hell of a lot of money from his Mother. So where had all that gone? Has she had her hands on it? He should be able to pay for his and his children's own security, even if its only if or until it gets sorted out by the Government. Not many of us want to pay for it by taxation, I don't. All the other famous and/or rich people pay for their own.

Emeraldforest Sun 04-Oct-26 17:22:56

At first I thought this was about H and M the shop.Ah dear. I think we should leave them to it, they obviously want to be hear and mend things with the family, no need to read anything sinister into it.
The more vitriol directed at them, the more they will need security!

Mollygo Sun 04-Oct-26 16:00:51

🤣🤣🤣
Not to worry, J
Just focus on your comprehension then Jaberwok before you accuse me of things I haven’t said, because you didn’t read carefully.

Jaberwok Sun 04-Oct-26 15:25:15

What is soap! I've never heard of it still less watched it/them, whatever!

Mollygo Sun 04-Oct-26 14:59:49

I guess Jaberwok has been watching Soap
^Confused? You won’t be . . .

I’ve spent over 40 years teaching children reading comprehension. Obviously J wasn’t one of my successes. šŸ˜„

JenniRen Sun 04-Oct-26 14:35:50

Jaberwok

Because she seemed from her post, to be unaware of the upset damage and heartache H&M have caused the RF, The King and Queen, and the Wales' in particular. They have no way of replying so are obviously easy targets.

[confused Not how I read it.

Jaberwok Sun 04-Oct-26 14:33:42

Because she seemed from her post, to be unaware of the upset damage and heartache H&M have caused the RF, The King and Queen, and the Wales' in particular. They have no way of replying so are obviously easy targets.

Jaberwok Sun 04-Oct-26 14:29:01

P.S. I nearly forgot, maximum damage and money!!

JenniRen Sun 04-Oct-26 14:28:42

Jaberwok

Mollygo, I can't believe that you or anyone else are totally ignorant of the enormous spite, vindictiveness and jealousy Harry has inflicted on his immediate family? A complete betrayal of trust even at a personal level against Prince William and Catherine. His father, step mother, even Prince George have been subjected to his venom both in interviews and that wretched book. A lot of his utterances have been proved to be false, and clearly made to cause, like Uncle Spencer, the maximum damage to the RF especially HM. We, as a nation are apparently racist, The King and the Princess of Wales are also, apparently racist! It's hardly to be wondered at, that a good proportion of the citizens of this country, do not want Harry here, or his family. The parents cause misery and mayhem, the children I'm sure we are all deeply sorry for as it's clearly not their fault.

Why have you addressed that to Mollygo?
I'm confused.

Jaberwok Sun 04-Oct-26 13:24:37

Mollygo, I can't believe that you or anyone else are totally ignorant of the enormous spite, vindictiveness and jealousy Harry has inflicted on his immediate family? A complete betrayal of trust even at a personal level against Prince William and Catherine. His father, step mother, even Prince George have been subjected to his venom both in interviews and that wretched book. A lot of his utterances have been proved to be false, and clearly made to cause, like Uncle Spencer, the maximum damage to the RF especially HM. We, as a nation are apparently racist, The King and the Princess of Wales are also, apparently racist! It's hardly to be wondered at, that a good proportion of the citizens of this country, do not want Harry here, or his family. The parents cause misery and mayhem, the children I'm sure we are all deeply sorry for as it's clearly not their fault.

Mollygo Sun 04-Oct-26 12:52:23

crazyH this doesn’t make sense.

It’s no wonder H and M don’t want to return to the UK.

Didn’t you know that they have returned to the UK?

Why are people so hateful towards them?

Probably for the same reason that posters on here are hateful to other posters, for expressing an opinion that doesn’t fit with theirs.
e.g. Syracute’s comment,
You are all just being a bunch of ugly, mean gossips inspired by the tabloids.

JenniRen Sun 04-Oct-26 10:40:24

petra

crazyH

I’m with Syracute on this.
It’s no wonder H and M don’t want to return to the UK.
Why are people so hateful towards them?

But they have returned. Holed up in the Cotswolds.
Children going to school here.

Perhaps it should have been in the news.

šŸ˜‹

petra Sun 04-Oct-26 07:37:41

crazyH

I’m with Syracute on this.
It’s no wonder H and M don’t want to return to the UK.
Why are people so hateful towards them?

But they have returned. Holed up in the Cotswolds.
Children going to school here.

Allsorts Sun 04-Oct-26 07:31:40

I don't read anything about them. I think initially people turned against them for airing their dirty linen and the lies, being paid for it. It seemed all revenge and money. However. It’s a family matter only they can decide if they can trust them. Cannot understand all the headlines still on them.

MawsRosie Sun 04-Oct-26 06:07:09

crazyH

I’m with Syracute on this.
It’s no wonder H and M don’t want to return to the UK.
Why are people so hateful towards them?

This simply doesn’t make sense.

If they don’t want to- why all the palaver over coming back?

nanna8 Sat 03-Oct-26 23:28:44

I think the ugly mean gossip started with ā€˜the book’ and the Oprah Winfrey interview years ago. At first, after the pair married , everyone was happy and welcoming. A breath of fresh air or so people thought. Sadly, it didn’t turn out that way. Never mind, darling, you can rest assured your friends don’t care what we say on here about them.

JenniRen Sat 03-Oct-26 23:05:32

crazyH

I’m with Syracute on this.
It’s no wonder H and M don’t want to return to the UK.
Why are people so hateful towards them?

But they just did confused

Anyway, I'm not hateful towards them, just bemused at their antics.

Rosie51 Sat 03-Oct-26 22:44:39

crazyH

I’m with Syracute on this.
It’s no wonder H and M don’t want to return to the UK.
Why are people so hateful towards them?

But they have returned to the UK and Harry said publicly that he's very glad to be back?
Do you consider all criticisms of people in the public eye to be hateful? What about the critical comments Harry has made in his book and interviews about members of his family, are they hateful or does he get a pass?