My cunning plan is to go to Brum on 18th August which is a Tuesday then stay with my cousin that night [my cousin has been warned but I haven't yet checked that the S.O. can look after the dog].
It's a possiblity, but where are these tea rooms you mentioned? I have absolutely NO sense of direction!! I know my way from Moor Street Station to the Bullring ... on a good day
They're in the Art Gallery. I think you just walk uphill from the station to the main square [by the Town Hall?]. I left something there that I'd bought in the shop last time; it might still be in lost property
Iana; we're meeting tomorrow morning at the art gallery tea rooms if you're free. 3 of us will be at the 'floosie in the jacuzi at 11.30' then moving on to the tearooms. I'll pm my mobile in case you can come.
Won't be able to make it this time- but hopfully we can find a date last 2 weeks in October- either Leicester, Market Harborough or Oakham. Which would be best for you?
As soon as I've been able to confirm our UK dates with DD1 (on holiday at the mo) - we can fix a date. I shall be in Market Harborough- so that is easiest for me, but happy to travel to Leicester or Oakham - I will have a car.
Very much enjoyed meeting three fellow Gransnetters at the Birmingham Art Gallery tearoom yesterday. Looking forward to the next meet up! I am in London fairly often to see GC and, having dipped my toes into the water, would be interested to go to a meet up there. Coventry and Wolverhampton are also possibilities.