Hi Numberplease Sounds like you had fun. I think the Lamplighter was in Knowsley Street, but closed quite a while ago. Sorry our paths won't be crossing
GinnyTonic, won`t be able to join you unfortunately, not in that part of the country anymore, we used to live in Heywood, between Bury and Rochdale. All I can remember about the Lamplighter is that it was a large pub, on a wide road in town, and we had to go downstairs to the room where the Lancashire night was held. We had a choice of several northern dishes, including tripe and onions and meat and potato pie, and there was a sing song afterwards of loads of old fashioned songs.
Hi Numberplease The Lamplighter rings a vague bell, but I don't know of anywhere by that name these days. Was it in the middle of town - perhaps it has been renamed. Are you able to join us for lunch?