Gransnet forums

Health

Lloyd George records??

(3 Posts)
B9exchange Wed 07-Oct-26 23:49:08

Trouble was frequent visitors would have three or four buff envelopes butsting open and held together by rubber bands. The printing on the front would be blue for acwoman and red for a man, which always seemed the wrong way round.

When moving from practice to practice the whole lot would have to be sent to the FHSA by courier, then on to the new pactice, to be taken out, read through and summarised. I did 8000 of these in my own time to get our practice approved for training new GPs.

I then worked with the clinical system suppliers to devise a method of burning the whole record onto a CD which was sent in the buff envelope to the new GP practice with instructions how to upload it. Now of course the records are sent electronically, but I hope they are still thoroughly checked by the new practice. I remember an early demo at an exhibition where the dosage of one drug was doubled in the transfer!

Meandrogrog Wed 07-Oct-26 18:46:06

Yes, they were quite small packets with all GP health records inside. Practices receive them when patients move to another GP. They then get scanned onto computer records and summarised as well.

tanith Wed 07-Oct-26 18:30:55

I was nosing through my health records today for no good reason when I noticed this just in a list of subjects 'Lloyd George records' I had no clue what it meant. After consulting Google I learned it is the buff coloured cardboard sleeve containing all the hand written notes test results vaccination records of my lifetime before computerisation. Named after David Lloyd Georges National Insurance Act.
Who knew? How interesting though, apparently they are in the process of scanning it all into pdf so it is preserved for ever digitally.