I have a mixed species hedge that runs along the outside of my garden wall (which is my boundary). It was part of the original landscaping for the estate. Because it borders the pavement, the council make it my responsibility to keep it cut back. They send me letters threatening me with legal action. Last year, I wrote back and told them where they could put their letter and so this year, having had their fill of feisty old ladies, they have sent it to my young neighbour, though it’s nothing to do with him! Most of it is pyracantha which is in full flower at the moment and it also serves as a sort of sparrow terrace. The council don’t seem to be concerned about the birds. GS cut it at Easter, but the rain has accelerated its growth. The best I can give it is a very light trim and that will have to do. If anyone wants to send me a cake with a file in it (or even a file with a cake in it)……..