And there was me thinking you were going to ask about a cheeky little Pimm's! Depends on your neighbours I suppose. (And the level of noise - if just a quick strim round, no problem, but if you are felling half a forest, maybe?)
It isn't for me but I do consider all my young neighbours who work long hours all week and like a lie in on Sunday, I try to avoid noisy work in the garden on Sunday. I have all week to do the noisy stuff and I let my neighbours enjoy their weekend lie in.
Ah well, you see, tanith, I only have fine weather days to do mine in, and those are few and far between, and then I have to recover (that's a serious remark – ME payback), so I just have to grab every chance I get.
Not sure I'd disturb Wimbledon. The neighbours aren't that close, but if they're outside, or asleep with windows open, a mower or strimmer might bother them down the hill.
Well, I shall go and eat a lovely loaf crust doorstep, spread with some lovely cherry jam that I'm about to finish, and drink some more coffee, and then I'll get the mower and the strimmer out. Howzat?
Bags you feel free to do your own thing anytime you like, my neighbours are in very close proximity so what they do disturbs me and vice versa.. thinking about it, one side had loud friends in the garden till midnight last night so maybe an early wake up call wouldn't go amiss
The mowing still isn't done. My guts decided to disagree quite violently with something I ate yesterday – I suspect coconut. IBS is another of the problems associated with ME. Hey ho.
Too hot out there really. Just attacked the pyracanthus and it scratched my arm. But half an hour of leaning over and then bending and picking stuff up quite enough, thank you.
Just don"t talk to me about Pyracanthus , what a brute of a plant , we have to give ours a good hack every so often to keep it under control . You may well guess who who gets little bits of prickles under their skin and can"t get rid of them for days . A clue , it is not me as I wear over the elbow gloves .Will he though ??
The thing I would say in it"s favour though is we grow it along the fence so is a good deterrent for anyone who may have "IDEAS" , if you get my drift.
Not at nearly 10am surely. I was out at 10:30ish using a hedge trimmer to rejuvenate the geraniums that are under the front window where nothing else grows.
Pyracanthus keeps coming back what ever you do to it. Hack it down to a few inches and it comes back.