Gransnet forums

Games

NEW - "New Limerick Thread II 2016" (following New Limerick Thread

(137 Posts)
Wyllow3 Mon 20-Jul-26 14:14:23

Carrying on the limerick left at close of play 1000 posts:

A small gerbil would be quite cheap
A very small pet for to keep
A bit like a rat
But they get very fat

MollyNew Mon 14-Sept-26 22:29:22

My poetry gets easily confused
But sometimes it keeps us amused
I have good days and bad
And today I'm quite glad

GoldenLady Sun 13-Sept-26 16:29:14

My poetry gets easily confused
But sometimes it keeps us amused
I have good days and bad

MollyNew Sat 12-Sept-26 18:04:34

My poetry gets easily confused
But sometimes it keeps us amused

GoldenLady Sat 12-Sept-26 14:55:30

Peace is not easy to find
But I always try to be kind
Find a quiet spot
Reflect on your lot
Relaxing is good for your mind.

*Sorry about going back to the previous page. I think it's straightened out now.

My poetry gets easily confused

crazyH Fri 11-Sept-26 21:15:46

Peace is not easy to find
But I always try to be kind
Find a quiet spot
Reflect on your lot

MollyNew Fri 11-Sept-26 21:13:55

GoldenLady I think you've gone back to the previous page, shall we re-start?

Peace is not easy to find
But I always try to be kind
Find a quiet spot

GoldenLady Wed 09-Sept-26 15:24:54

She got away with it for years
But is in prison now, three cheers
She won't be missed at all
But she gets out this fall

MollyNew Fri 04-Sept-26 20:34:50

Peace is not easy to find
But I always try to be kind

GoldenLady Fri 04-Sept-26 15:21:22

Margot was a famous ballet dancer
And Nureyev an elegant prancer
They took to the stage
To earn a high wage
But found that it wasn't the answer

Peace is not easy to find

henetha Fri 04-Sept-26 12:02:15

Margot was a famous ballet dancer
And Nureyev an elegant prancer
They took to the stage
To earn a high wage

SpinDriftCoastal Fri 04-Sept-26 11:49:07

Margot was a famous ballet dancer
And Nureyev an elegant prancer
They took to the stage

GoldenLady Thu 03-Sept-26 16:01:29

Margot was a famous ballet dancer
And also an endless romancer

MollyNew Thu 03-Sept-26 16:01:12

Margot was a famous ballet dancer
And Nureyev an elegant prancer

SpinDriftCoastal Tue 01-Sept-26 12:24:00

Argo was also a dog
His memory needed no jog
He belonged to Odysseus
Who seemed quite oblivious
Walking around in a fog.

Margot was a famous ballet dancer

MollyNew Tue 01-Sept-26 11:59:50

Argo was also a dog
His memory needed no jog
He belonged to Odysseus
Who seemed quite oblivious

GoldenLady Tue 25-Aug-26 14:41:41

Argo was also a dog
His memory needed no jog
He belonged to Odysseus

Magenta8 Sun 23-Aug-26 17:57:58

Argo was also a dog
His memory needed no jog

GoldenLady Sun 23-Aug-26 15:09:16

Medea helped him on his way
Her own family she did betray
Ah, the classics I read!
My imagination they feed
Some are seen in theaters today

Argo was also a dog

MollyNew Sat 22-Aug-26 21:23:20

Medea helped him on his way
Her own family she did betray
Ah, the classics I read!
My imagination they feed

GoldenLady Wed 19-Aug-26 15:01:30

Medea helped him on his way
Her own family she did betray
Ah, the classics I read!

MollyNew Mon 17-Aug-26 22:16:12

Medea helped him on his way
Her own family she did betray

Magenta8 Sat 15-Aug-26 15:11:11

Medea helped him on his way

SpinDriftCoastal Sat 15-Aug-26 13:56:07

I love the tales of ancient Greece
Of Jason and the Golden Fleece
On the Argo he set sail
A cruel, selfish male
His ambition would never cease

GoldenLady Fri 14-Aug-26 17:21:47

I love the tales of ancient Greece
Of Jason and the Golden Fleece
On the Argo he set sail
A cruel, selfish male

MollyNew Mon 10-Aug-26 19:00:05

I love the tales of ancient Greece
Of Jason and the Golden Fleece
On the Argo he set sail