Gransnet forums

Food

Apricot christmas cake anyone?

(7 Posts)
Retread Mon 21-Sept-26 20:03:56

I'm definitely going to make it too. 😋

tanith Sun 20-Sept-26 16:45:36

I made this recipe the other day so thanks for posting. I only made half the recipe minus the brandy I used apple juice instead. It is very moist and tasty I froze half or we would of eaten all of it.

Shel1951 Sun 20-Sept-26 15:23:25

That looks good, I have copied the link and hive it a go next week ,thanks for that

sandye Thu 17-Sept-26 19:51:57

Thank you, I will prob do this one.

nanna8 Wed 16-Sept-26 08:12:58

Ohh that sounds really yummy. Think I’ll try it too !

Retread Wed 16-Sept-26 07:17:30

Hi sandye I don’t have a recipe that I use, but it piqued my interest so I googled and found quite a few. This one sounds worth a try, I might make one this year:

theenglishmanner.com/insights/apricot-and-brandy-christmas-cake-recipe/

sandye Tue 15-Sept-26 19:30:03

I had a recipe that I thought was for a Dark and Stormy Christmas cake, I had converted it to add lots of apricots in the dried fruit and soaked in apricot brandy that everyone loved. I have looked up Dark and Stormy (as I cannot find the converted recipe anywhere) and it dosn't seem right to fill a 9 inch tin. Has anyone got an apricot Christmas cake recipe that they use please?