Allsorts. My daughter decided to stop speaking to me 18 months ago , not really knowing the reasons why , and I’ve broke my heart over it so many times , trying to understand the reasons why because all I know that I feel I’ve been a pretty good mum , I’m not perfect, but then no one is .
That said, after buying her a beautiful birthday present with no reply , then I’d decided in writing a lovely little note , but still no reply , then last Christmas I’d wrote a beautiful personal poem on the card I’d send her , also along with a two page heartfelt letter , saying that I love & miss her terribly, that I’m sorry if I’d upset her ( even though I don’t know what it’s all about ) asking if she could talk to me to sort things out the problems she has with me , I wrote that short letter from the bottom of my heart , I did think that as it were Christmas that she would ‘ soften ‘ — but I were very wrong ? .
So, this year I decided to let it all go ,to put it all behind me best that I can , as I’ve had enough hurt & heartache as also lost my long term partner , to last me a lifetime . I decided I can’t change the past , that I can’t change how my daughter feels about me , that nothing in the world can change things , so , need , for my own sanity , to let go and move on . The last few words in the note I’d sent my daughter was “ my door is always open “ , I can’t do anymore than that .
When this first happened to myself, I thought I were the only one this happened to, as in my family we were brought up to talk things through , and to be there for one another . But being on GN and reading posts about estrangement has helped me so very much knowing that I’m not alone in this heartbreaking situation. I love my daughter dearly , I have always tried to be the best mum that I can , we had always been good friends and been there for one another ,she is a good decent person in a good job , so why she has estranged herself from me I will never know , only she has the answer to that . But , as I’d said , I need to put it all behind me now and make a life for myself as all the hurt has brought me down for long enough .
Richard Osman and his House of Games
Wedding Present Dinner Service.
Sudden pain in back of leg behind knee
My daughter is lying about me and editing me out of her life.

