I've worked in an outdoor education centre, and having seen how frazzled the teachers (primary) are after two nights with little sleep, plus days often spent wading through mud in the rain. Certainly not my idea of a jolly.
As for the children, some have never seen countryside before, don't recognise a sheep when they see one, and in some cases have never even walked on anything other than flat, paved/surfaced ground before. It is hugely educational for them.
Whether it would be a good idea right now is a different matter.
Part of me thinks that if a group is already a bubble in school, they are at little if any extra risk on many residential trips.
The other part of me thinks that it might increase risks to staff of both the school and the outdoor centre. Transport alone could be problematic.
I'm glad I don't have to make that call.
This Israeli regime has to be stopped!
Russian interference in U.K. politics
My daughter is lying about me and editing me out of her life.
Trump blames Zelensky for war on Ukraine and says they need a new leader 🙄


