Fascinating, and special thanks to VampireQueen.
I have lived in a few different parts of England. Partly my job, partly my personality, I picked up words and ways of speaking and absorbed them.
For most of my adult life we lived in a very diverse town, I picked up lots of West Indian and Asian words and phrases. Now I've come home, to a rather out-of-the way part of England, but speech has changed! With older people I talk the way I did as a child, but younger ones (especially my own kids) find it hilarious!
Even as a child though, we were near a USAF base, had friends & neighbours who were from Belgium (WW1) Italy & Poland (WW2) so even my native 'dialect' included a few odd phrases from elsewhere, including 'ach y fi'from my friend's Welsh mum!
I love the way language evolves.
Richard Osman and his House of Games
Wedding Present Dinner Service.
Sudden pain in back of leg behind knee
My daughter is lying about me and editing me out of her life.



.