Did anyone see the Horizon programme last night? I was very impressed with the health benefits shown, as well as the weight loss. I would recommend anybody concerned about their health as they age to watch on iplayer. There are several patterns of 'fasting' that were mentioned. I thought the alternate day one might suit me. You eat 500 calories (600 for men) on the fast day and anything you like on the next, and so on. I have ordered a book from Amazon and I will let you know how I get on! 
Gransnet forums
Dieting & exercise
Join the conversation
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »

(indigestion, GERD etc) I tend to favour the 'smaller portions' option which was also advocated by the elderly marathon runner 
500 calories!
