Gransnet forums

Chat

Please can we have the power to delete our own posts?

(6 Posts)
Cossy Thu 08-Oct-26 13:41:28

butterandjam

We've already got both facilities.

If you want your own post deleted, just "report" it to GN and ask them to delete.

"Preview Message" appears below everything you write. The purpose of clicking on "preview message " is to enable editing before posting.

I do get that, but often forget or find it a faff! grin I’d like a proper, after posting, edit facility!

The problem with preview is if you use immediately after preparing your post, your brain often reads what you think you wrote, rather than what you actually wrote.

butterandjam Thu 08-Oct-26 12:52:33

We've already got both facilities.

If you want your own post deleted, just "report" it to GN and ask them to delete.

"Preview Message" appears below everything you write. The purpose of clicking on "preview message " is to enable editing before posting.

Sarnia Thu 08-Oct-26 10:19:57

I don't think they intend to change much on here. I have seen several posts asking for delete and edit options and emojis for like, dislike, etc. It never happens. It would be nice for them to say why rather than ignoring us.

Cossy Thu 08-Oct-26 10:16:13

I’d like the power to edit, PLEEEEEEEEEASE!

kittylester Wed 07-Oct-26 23:09:39

Report it and ask for it to be removed.

Sueinkent Wed 07-Oct-26 22:00:37

See above.