Gransnet forums

Chat

3 years ago today. 7th October 2023.

(75 Posts)
FriedGreenTomatoes2 Wed 07-Oct-26 09:39:49

Let us all remember those who were butchered by Hamas. What Hamas did was unbelievably horrific. But what's far worse - nice, educated people, people you meet in everyday life, people who should know better - actually supporting them. It's like living with Zombies. Where on earth is this country headed?

Hamas did this at the Bataclan in Paris and the Manchester Area too.

Beyond horrific.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Wed 07-Oct-26 20:13:43

Just lit a candle and put it at the window in a glass jar.
🇮🇱 so many of us are with you tonight. xx

Oreo Wed 07-Oct-26 19:59:50

That’s paper posters btw

TheatreLover Wed 07-Oct-26 19:59:20

Tworedroses

FriedGreenTomatoes2

Let us all remember those who were butchered by Hamas. What Hamas did was unbelievably horrific. But what's far worse - nice, educated people, people you meet in everyday life, people who should know better - actually supporting them. It's like living with Zombies. Where on earth is this country headed?

Hamas did this at the Bataclan in Paris and the Manchester Area too.

Beyond horrific.

Completely agree.

Much as I abhor Hamas, I don't think that Hamas were involved with the atrocities against the Bataclan and the Manchester Arena?

I understand that the attack on the Bataclan was carried out by people acting for ISIS, and the attack on the Manchester Arena was carried out by Salman Abedi, aided by his brother Hasham Abedi. The official Manchester Arena Inquiry concluded that the attack was inspired by the Islamic State, not Hamas.

Oreo Wed 07-Oct-26 19:59:05

Interestingly, there were Palestinian flags adorning just about every lamp post in Tower Hamlets but the Met said they wouldn’t get involved….they got very involved and busy taking down a few posters supporting the Israeli hostages.

Cossy Wed 07-Oct-26 19:57:00

GrannyGravy13

This thread is in memoriam for those murdered, raped and abused by Hamas on 7th October Samwam why not start a thread of your own with your above post as opposed to verbally desecrating this one ✡️🕯️

👏👏👏👏

MT62 Wed 07-Oct-26 19:55:57

GrannyGravy13

I think the lack of traffic on this thread is rather telling…

I’ve just come back from a funeral so late to the thread.
I absolutely agree with Fgt.
it was such an horrific day, my heart bled for those poor Jewish people.
Those young girls & woman raped & tortured.
Scenes of that young girl paraded around in the back of that vehicle, whipped with sticks by ordinary Palestinians. Just barbaric.
How can they get to run around waving those Palestinian flags, whilst we can’t wave ours, even for football.

Sago Wed 07-Oct-26 19:39:43

Very interesting, I popped over. To Mumsnet to see if there were any posts re 7/10/23.
I found one, it was posted early afternoon and has zero responses.

Sago Wed 07-Oct-26 19:29:51

GrannyGravy13

This thread is in memoriam for those murdered, raped and abused by Hamas on 7th October Samwam why not start a thread of your own with your above post as opposed to verbally desecrating this one ✡️🕯️

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Oreo Wed 07-Oct-26 18:31:03

….and there are only so many apologists for hamas that a person can stomach.

JenniRen Wed 07-Oct-26 18:09:25

Well said, Grannygravy13.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 07-Oct-26 18:01:31

This thread is in memoriam for those murdered, raped and abused by Hamas on 7th October Samwam why not start a thread of your own with your above post as opposed to verbally desecrating this one ✡️🕯️

Galaxy Wed 07-Oct-26 17:37:30

I shouldn't engage with the above nonsense on a thread like this. Sorry FGT.

Galaxy Wed 07-Oct-26 17:36:48

As is usual some people, often the loudest, haven't a clue what people in thus country actually think.

Samwam Wed 07-Oct-26 17:33:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SparklyGrandma Wed 07-Oct-26 17:30:25

I as a Christian, support Jews here in Britain.

Nothing excuses October 7th 2023.

And I refuse to drink the coolade as regards H**as.

Cossy Wed 07-Oct-26 17:26:59

Sorry about the appalling typing, hoping you can decipher.

Cossy Wed 07-Oct-26 17:26:23

nanna8

One look at the vacuous faces of those anti Israeli people marching today says it all. They have no idea what they are supporting and how disgusting Hamas are.

You have to be very careful with your posts, (not yours specifically), those marching for Gaza and not all haters if Usrael nor do the support Hamas.

As stated earlier, I utterly condemn the actions re murder, torture , assault, kidnaps of any and all terrorists. However, I can understand the feeling of some “freedom fighters” “terrorist”, I can understand their cause, I utterly condemn their actions.

I do think the march should have been postponed.

AGAA4 Wed 07-Oct-26 17:16:50

* the families*

AGAA4 Wed 07-Oct-26 17:15:48

I haven't forgotten that terrible day. My thoughts are with that families of those who were slaughtered by the evil Hamas.

crazyH Wed 07-Oct-26 17:05:57

I remember Noah (think that’s her name) - lovely young girl. I worried so much about her - however, I read later that she was unharmed and alive. I guess they had other evil plans for her.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 07-Oct-26 17:05:50

One of our closest couple friends are Jewish, they have lived their lives differently thee last three years

Candles lit 🤷‍♀️🕯️

Oreo Wed 07-Oct-26 17:00:54

GrannyGravy13

I think the lack of traffic on this thread is rather telling…

I find anything to do with Jewish people doesn’t get a good response in numbers of posts, unless it’s to condemn anything to do with Israel.
I don’t know why I bother sometimes.

Oreo Wed 07-Oct-26 16:51:59

JenniferEccles

I have a huge amount of respect for the tiny country of Israel and its people.
It’s the only democracy in the Middle East, surrounded as it is by all the. ‘H’ terrorists all of whom wish them harm.

Imagine how Jewish here people must feel today, especially those who maybe have had to pass these dreadful demonstrations.

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Oreo Wed 07-Oct-26 16:51:01

FriedGreenTomatoes2

Me neither. 🇮🇱

Thank you for starting the thread, just re-reading accounts of that day had me in tears today.The pic of the Mother and two tiny tots with ginger hair that were killed as hostages, and all those families in the kibbutzim and lovely young people at the music concert.😢

Galaxy Wed 07-Oct-26 16:48:40

I wont forget. It was unspeakable. I agree that it was a musical festival makes the horror even more somehow.