Gransnet forums

Chat

3 years ago today. 7th October 2023.

(75 Posts)
FriedGreenTomatoes2 Wed 07-Oct-26 09:39:49

Let us all remember those who were butchered by Hamas. What Hamas did was unbelievably horrific. But what's far worse - nice, educated people, people you meet in everyday life, people who should know better - actually supporting them. It's like living with Zombies. Where on earth is this country headed?

Hamas did this at the Bataclan in Paris and the Manchester Area too.

Beyond horrific.

Oreo Wed 07-Oct-26 16:47:35

The antisemites are out in force today but there are Jewish plans to mourn and remember all those horribly murdered in Israel three years and those taken hostage and then murdered.
Anyone who thinks that this thread is ‘provocative’ should give their heads a wobble.🤬

Oreo Wed 07-Oct-26 16:43:19

Casdon

Oreo

How on earth could this thread be provocative! Answer that.

People see us for what we are Oreo.

I certainly agree with that!

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Wed 07-Oct-26 16:42:50

Me neither. 🇮🇱

merlotgran Wed 07-Oct-26 13:25:54

I won’t forget.

Casdon Wed 07-Oct-26 13:16:45

Oreo

How on earth could this thread be provocative! Answer that.

People see us for what we are Oreo.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 07-Oct-26 13:14:01

As I posted up thread my sympathies are with the worldwide Jewish Community today ✡️

Oreo Wed 07-Oct-26 13:07:30

Shocking!

Oreo Wed 07-Oct-26 13:06:49

How on earth could this thread be provocative! Answer that.

Casdon Wed 07-Oct-26 13:06:46

Yes, I could. You clearly implied I support a terrorist organisation. That is a very serious, and untrue accusation.

Oreo Wed 07-Oct-26 13:06:09

I didn’t mention you personally.

Peacelilydilly Wed 07-Oct-26 13:06:06

My sympathy is with the Jewish people today and always.

Oreo Wed 07-Oct-26 13:05:31

Casdon

I could report you for that Oreo, but I prefer to let it stand even though it is patently untrue and a slur on my character.

No you couldn’t

Oreo Wed 07-Oct-26 13:05:11

I have been thinking about what happened on that terrible day all morning😢

Casdon Wed 07-Oct-26 13:04:59

I could report you for that Oreo, but I prefer to let it stand even though it is patently untrue and a slur on my character.

Oreo Wed 07-Oct-26 13:01:36

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

JenniferEccles Wed 07-Oct-26 12:57:58

“People who should know better “
Yes I agree with this comment too FGT2
I have to avoid the subject with one person I know as I don’t want to fall out with her.

greyfur16 Wed 07-Oct-26 12:27:55

I'm assuming people on this site are compassionate, perhaps with families of their own.

Anybody would feel some emotion around the terrible situation in the Middle East and elsewhere.

Casdon Wed 07-Oct-26 12:25:57

JenniRen

^Sensible people don’t post on deliberately provocative threads, that’s what is telling^

It is the marches themselves taking place on today of all days which is deliberately provocative.

Both are provocative.

JudyBloom Wed 07-Oct-26 12:19:25

FriedGreenTomatoes2, I am totally with you, it is beyond comprehension. I lit a candle this morning for the souls who suffered.

JenniferEccles Wed 07-Oct-26 12:16:17

I have a huge amount of respect for the tiny country of Israel and its people.
It’s the only democracy in the Middle East, surrounded as it is by all the. ‘H’ terrorists all of whom wish them harm.

Imagine how Jewish here people must feel today, especially those who maybe have had to pass these dreadful demonstrations.

Lixy2 Wed 07-Oct-26 12:10:17

My candle is alight.
What a dreadful day that was.

The situation continues to be horrendous on all sides.

nanna8 Wed 07-Oct-26 12:06:14

One look at the vacuous faces of those anti Israeli people marching today says it all. They have no idea what they are supporting and how disgusting Hamas are.

JenniRen Wed 07-Oct-26 12:04:50

Sensible people don’t post on deliberately provocative threads, that’s what is telling

It is the marches themselves taking place on today of all days which is deliberately provocative.

JenniferEccles Wed 07-Oct-26 11:59:55

To me the vile murderous attack three years ago was all the more horrific as it was youngsters at a music festival who were targeted.
Just imagine how everyone would feel if something similar happened here at, say, Glastonbury.

A while back I read a truly harrowing account describing the level of hatred Hamas terrorists and their Palestinian supporters have for the Israeli people.

During the atrocities the murderous thugs were on their phones to their families describing the butchering which had taken place and even mothers could be heard whooping and cheering with delight.

That extreme level of hated is what the people of Israel face, day after day.

Any supporters attending pro Palestinian rallies, today of all days should be ashamed of themselves.

Smileless2012 Wed 07-Oct-26 11:43:21

I agree Casdon. An OP simply expressing sadness for the terrible events of that day would have been more appropriate.