Gransnet forums

Chat

What's next for Meghan and Harry?

(78 Posts)
MarieElla Tue 06-Oct-26 10:17:09

This is not a pile on/hate thread, more like I started it out of idle curiosity.
I find these two very entertaining.
They had it all, fame, money...etc. and threw it all away.
So, what do we think they should do next?

MarieElla Wed 07-Oct-26 16:49:40

That's true.

Boz Wed 07-Oct-26 16:43:57

MarieElla

Boz I didn't know the children had been photographed. I understood that 2 men suspected of being paparazzi were seen outside the school?

This was a sneaky pic posted briefly on Utube and not there now. Phone picture taken by, probably, another parent.
You cannot stop sneaky phone pics.. - instantly sent anywhere,

MarieElla Wed 07-Oct-26 16:35:55

Boz I didn't know the children had been photographed. I understood that 2 men suspected of being paparazzi were seen outside the school?

missdeke Wed 07-Oct-26 16:33:15

Joanofarc99

MT62

I don’t know. Why are they back over here anyway?
Still like Harry, I don’t truely think he’s happy with her.

They are probably back here for content for a documentary on Diana. They'll b filming at locations Diana frequented
I think its as simple as that. They have no intention of staying in UK. It's just to make more millions off the back of his mother.
He doesn't have anything else to sell other than his royal connections. Its sad to see how he's turned out and how nasty he can be.

Can I ask where you get this information from Joanof arc99 , or is it just your opinion.

Boz Wed 07-Oct-26 16:27:00

The problem with being reclusive and surrounded by security men (apparently two cars of protective officers accompanied Meghan to Daylesford) is that you will be followed and snapped. We all carry cameras these days.
Therefore the furious looks Harry shot at the person who snapped the kids going into school (the little girl is very mini-Meghan and the boy looks likes the Markles) is to be expected.
I did think the snap of M&H going for a pub lunch showed she has lost weight.

MarieElla Wed 07-Oct-26 15:59:45

True Smileless2012 but had she taken advice and knuckled down to the role, she could have won us over.
(Looking to the Princess of Wales for support instead of resenting her and trying to be superior would have served helped enormously)

Smileless2012 Wed 07-Oct-26 15:48:54

She lacks authenticity too and us Brits sussed her out very quickly hence all the negative press MarieElla.

MarieElla Wed 07-Oct-26 15:47:00

Weather not whether!

MarieElla Wed 07-Oct-26 15:46:22

NanaMaryNH interesting points.
I don't actually believe Maghan was suicidal. However, I do believe she was overwhelmed by all the negative press she was receiving. It will have been incredibly tough but she didn't have the staying power to whether the storm. She lacks authenticity too and us Brits sussed her out very quickly.
When was Harry suicidal?
I must have missed that one.

Sarnia Wed 07-Oct-26 15:33:39

NanaMaryNH

American here. In my lifetime, I've seen your Margaret, Diana, and Harry seriously harmed by the Firm's fear of the public/press (enabled by the dysfinctional family). Why do you feed that monster? Diana threw herself down stairs, Harry and Megan have both said they were suicidal.

Living in Trump's America must be enough to make anybody suicidal.

NanaMaryNH Wed 07-Oct-26 15:30:03

American here. In my lifetime, I've seen your Margaret, Diana, and Harry seriously harmed by the Firm's fear of the public/press (enabled by the dysfinctional family). Why do you feed that monster? Diana threw herself down stairs, Harry and Megan have both said they were suicidal.

Sadgrandma Wed 07-Oct-26 14:58:27

My personal opinion is that Meghan is a user. She goes through life using people
and then dumping them when she has got what she wants and they are no longer useful to her. She’s now used all the people in the USA who have been useful so is now ready to move on again. Of course Harry has been incredibly useful but, if it wasn’t for her two children and the fact she’d lose her royal title, I think she d move on again. As for Harry, he needs a purposeful job. Something he hasn’t had since leaving the Army and he’s been like a lost soul being led by the nose. Surely there must be something he could do related to his interests like polo or flying that would give him a purposeful job, pay him a wage( charity work is all very well) that would make him feel like a man again.

MarieElla Wed 07-Oct-26 14:52:01

I agree eazybee...Meghan knew next to nothing about how the RF operated and imagined she'd be sitting around dressed like a fairytale princess being waited on hand and foot!
Harry didn't think. He's entitled with zero ability to self reflect.
The best soap opera ever!

JenniferEccles Wed 07-Oct-26 14:49:32

I think it’s been confirmed that they are going home for the half term holiday and Christmas.

eazybee Wed 07-Oct-26 14:32:08

I think we all overestimated Meghan, thinking her ambition was to be a member of the royal family and what an asset she would be. Wrong, She simply saw Harry as a very wealthy husband she could easily manipulate, and thought she would be living in a palace with endless privileges, no responsibilities and a member of the international jet set.

Harry thought he would escape all the onerous royal responsibilities but choose the ones he favoured and come and go as he pleased, being a Prince of the Royal Blood. Wrong.
Now they have realised their only claim to privilege is his position as fifth in line to the Throne, and the children as sixth and seventh...........Who knows?
Hence the scramble to get them an English education.

Meghan won't let them, or Harry, out of her sight because nice Uncle Charlie Spencer might just have more of an influence on him than she bargained for.

The soap opera continues.

WithNobsOnIt Wed 07-Oct-26 13:53:51

To leave the country and never come back. Continue their money grubbing antics elsewhere.

I can't see how they are entertaining in the least. I think a lot of people would be really glad to see the back of them.

Daddima Wed 07-Oct-26 13:41:52

Joanofarc99

MT62

I don’t know. Why are they back over here anyway?
Still like Harry, I don’t truely think he’s happy with her.

They are probably back here for content for a documentary on Diana. They'll b filming at locations Diana frequented
I think its as simple as that. They have no intention of staying in UK. It's just to make more millions off the back of his mother.
He doesn't have anything else to sell other than his royal connections. Its sad to see how he's turned out and how nasty he can be.

You do realise that any time they are ‘filming’ they will be paying for it themselves, in the hope that Netflix ( or anyone else) will be interested in the finished product? That’s the arrangement they have now with Netflix, that they make programmes and Netflix get first refusal.

I think the plan is for the children to be enrolled in boarding school in a year or two, Meghan will spend more and more time in the US ‘on business’, and Harry will try to improve his image here by carrying out ‘humanitarian’ work, with the ultimate aim of being welcomed back into the royal fold, if only on the periphery. In the short term, I think they’ll go back to America at Christmas to be with Doria, to spare them the embarrassment of not being invited to Sandringham.

MarieElla Wed 07-Oct-26 13:34:40

I think you're right Merlotgran...they don't seem to have the ability to think or plan ahead, nor take advice and that's why they're in this mess.
I believe they will hear about their security this week.

merlotgran Wed 07-Oct-26 13:19:50

In answer to the OP…I don’t have a clue what’s next because I don’t think they have either.

When will the review of their security arrangements be concluded?

Sarnia Wed 07-Oct-26 13:08:50

JenniferEccles

I do wonder if the changing of schools was a deliberate ploy to strengthen their case for public funded security.
No final decision has been made yet apparently.

If the security is agreed it will be an extremely unpopular decision.

All day long! They are devious enough to try anything to paint a picture of their 'suffering'. There is enough evidence to show that.
If H&M have to cough up for their own security and I hope they do, then they can always sell their Montecito estate valued at around $30m.

JenniferEccles Wed 07-Oct-26 13:02:07

I do wonder if the changing of schools was a deliberate ploy to strengthen their case for public funded security.
No final decision has been made yet apparently.

If the security is agreed it will be an extremely unpopular decision.

MarieElla Wed 07-Oct-26 12:49:43

I think the acting ship has sailed for Meghan, especially due to the response from the producers of the Gentleman following the rumours that she was to have a part in their next season.

ferry23 Wed 07-Oct-26 11:39:27

He could probably do an immense amount of good by aligning himself with military charities. I don't really know what she would do, maybe go back to acting. Sophie Winkleman carried on acting when she married into the RF and that doesn't appear to have ruffled any feathers.

Then there's always I'm a Celebrity, Strictly, Celebrity Traitors....she has appeared on Masterchef Australia.

RosesandLilac Wed 07-Oct-26 11:17:19

I guess it’s asking too much that they just shut up and go back to Monteshiteshow isn’t it?
ever the optimist

Sarnia Wed 07-Oct-26 11:06:10

I wonder if they are plain bored, especially as their children are now at school. What do they do all day?
Harry, in particular, could do with a job of some kind. Pre-Meghan he always came across as a sociable man so perhaps going off each day to work would do him good and maybe earn back some respect.