Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 5th October 2026

(60 Posts)
Grandmabatty Mon 05-Oct-26 05:45:48

I'm glad to hear Stilllearning is out of hospital.

Grandmabatty Mon 05-Oct-26 05:44:59

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 16° and damp. Far too warm for this time of year! GrandMattie how cheeky was that man. I would have clocked him one. I wouldn't, of course, but would have wanted to. Bellasnana i hope you feel better soon. Baubles good luck at the dentist.
Yesterday we had a lovely family breakfast with my aunt and uncle, dd and the boys. It is always nice to see my aunt and uncle who are lovely people. The boys behaved well and ate prodigious.
Today is early childcare, then, once I drop them off at school, back home for a tesco delivery. In the afternoon I will do some work in the school library before picking the boys up.
My phone keeps cutting away from posting this morning and it's driving me mad! So I will stop there. Have a good day all

Bellasnana Mon 05-Oct-26 05:36:40

Safe travels Ashcombe and Olddudders.🚢

Bellasnana Mon 05-Oct-26 05:34:21

baubles hope all goes well with the tooth extraction🙏🏻. Thank you for letting us know about Stilllearning. Glad she’s out of hospital and being looked after.💐

grandMattie , you are such a good person but you do too much. I would have had plenty to say to the horrible man.😡
I hope you can relax a bit today.🫂

Ashcombe Mon 05-Oct-26 05:29:31

Good morning from a dark but dry Portsmouth where we have spent the night en route to France.

Thank you for the update about Stilllearning. Good luck at the dentist, Baubles.

We were glad to have filled up DH’s car yesterday in Torquay at £1.65 per litre as we saw increasingly higher prices on our journey. £1.86 was the highest, somewhere in Dorset!

Early ferry departs at 8.00am so must get going. Have a good week, everyone! 😀

Bellasnana Mon 05-Oct-26 05:26:14

Good morning from Malta where we expect another lovely day with a high of 28°C. The showers never materialised yesterday, it was perfect weather.

I took the boys to the local small park and they had a good time . DGS1 took a shine to a little girl who was there with her younger brother, telling her he liked her shoes and her skirt, both of which were very sparkly and pretty!

They played together for a long time. I love the innocence of children at this age, so sad it’s such a short span of time.

I gave them lunch and DD3 picked them up at 3pm. She is always very grateful to me for having them so she can get on with things but I told her it’s me who is thankful for every precious minute I spend with them.

Thank you for your kind comments on DD2’s puppy. He seemed to have had a good first night and looks to be very happy and settled already. His name is Cooper!

I’m supposed to be going for a walk with my friend this morning but shall have to cry off as I don’t feel up to it at all.

There is also tennis to watch!

As to the comments yesterday, just to say I love the long posts about people’s doings and really feel connected to this little group of virtual friends.

I think maybe people who still have a husband or partner don’t realise how those of us who aren’t as fortunate appreciate having someone to talk to as it can get very lonely at times.

Even having family to talk to isn’t quite the same as having people of a similar age who are going through the minefield of aging and being able to share our ups and downs.

Anyway, that’s my tuppenceworth.😅 Have a good day all.☀️

grandMattie Mon 05-Oct-26 05:16:25

Good morning from Bristol. Another fine day on the cards.
I spent an hour in the sun with my neighbour yesterday afternoon; probably the second time this year; it has just been for too hot - we have no shade.
The day went well. The church was absolutely packed and the blessing of our new altar table went well. The service lasted a great deal longer than usual because of the crowds taking communion. It was rather emotional, being the last service the vicar was takin* before retirement.
The lunch went well, but was rather frantic. I had one vegetarian one dairy-free and one gluten + dairy-free at my table of 10, + two fussy children… it was a bit hard work as I am rather deaf and the noise levels from chatting were through the roof. I escaped to the kitchen ant the earliest opportunity.
I spent the next 2.5 hours standing at the sink washing all the stuff for 120+ people…. One horrible man, in all seriousness, told me I was slacking, when I eased off for a tiny moment, waiting for the (very fast) dishwasher to finish one load, before inserting the next tray. Furious didn’t describe my emotion!
Eventually, all the washing up and clearing was done in the kitchen; I wasn’t going to get involved with clearing the hall.
Came home, exhausted - one kind lady gave me a lift home. All done for a long time now. The next big church event will be the installation of a new vicar - sometime next summer, I reckon.
Quiet today with only a Tesco shop and finishing my Spanish homework.
May your week bring only contentment. Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

baubles Mon 05-Oct-26 05:16:05

Good morning from soggy South Lanarkshire.

A quiet day yesterday at chez baubles as expected. I topped up my supply of crocheted poppies as our yarn group display needs several repairs.

Today is extraction day for my upper molar, can’t say I’m looking forward to it.

Stilllearning has asked me to let you all know that she has been discharged from hospital with a heart monitor. It appears that a heart drug she has been taking for years has begun to work against her over time. She’s being well looked after by her family.

Good wishes to all for the day ahead.

Greyduster Mon 05-Oct-26 05:15:50

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Sleepless in South Yorkshire. I have been awake for an obscene length of time. And once awake I was hungry! I was busy yesterday and didn’t have a lot to eat so it’s come back to bite me!

I made cake yesterday and made a spectacular mistake when it had been in the oven for a couple of minutes and I realised I hadn’t put the eggs in the mixture. I whipped it out of the oven, poured it into a bowl and added the eggs then poured it into the tin and slammed it back in the oven. Problem was the tin had originally been carefully lined with baking paper. Now it wasn’t, so I didn’t fancy my chances of getting it out of the tin, but stood it on a damp cloth and it helped but I had to cut it out in sections. It was actually very good cake! GS is calling over early this morning on his way back to uni, so I’ve put some in a box for him to take back with him. He’ll be here about eight so I won’t be able to loaf about today. I have a flue jab at quarter to ten.

This afternoon, if I can stay awake, I shall take myself off for a walk.

Have the best day you can, folks.

Michael12 Mon 05-Oct-26 04:57:45

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry here in Brackley at the moment.
Plans for the day, the usual routine bus trip to Bicester , hopefully chat to people I know, do a shop.
Return for lunch, and watch TV.
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick