Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday 24th September 2026

(59 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 24-Sept-26 04:58:21

Good Morning Everyone,,
Its dark but dry at the moment here in Brackley .
Todays plans a early bus to Bicester do the usual shop but also have a coffee and chat to those I know.
This afternoon I have a blood test for the enlarged prostrate , return home and watch Word cycling road racing from Montreal on TV .
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

harrigran Thu 24-Sept-26 08:34:40

Good morning from a sunny NE where it is 10° with a forecast of 18° later.
The temperature was single figure during the night and the heating was on, definitely autumn.
Spent a couple of hours with my sister and BIL yesterday and got the grocery shopping sorted.
Today is a quiet day with just some tidying of the study and bathrooms.
Welcome Walthamstowinwaiting

dragonfly46 Thu 24-Sept-26 08:26:00

Good morning from a brightish Leicestershire.

I spent yesterday watching my new mower whizzing around the lawn.
Today we are going into the big city. We haven’t been there except for medical appointments for over a year. I am looking for some new shoes.

I hope you have better news today gingster that’s an awful lot to process. What a lovely dentist you have karma

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

latedecember1963 Thu 24-Sept-26 08:22:36

Good morning everyone from Lancashire.

I'm so pleased about your removed tooth, Karma! What a kind dentist. Take it easy for a few days.

That's a pain about your car, Ashcombe, but at least you have a sparkling car.

Well done on the weightloss, Grandmabatty. I'm on medication for high blood pressure and cholesterol so I'm trying to lose weight too. It's a slow process!

Yesterday we had a fun time at Toddler Group. After the 1st couple of crowded weeks it's back to a more usual number of people attending.

In the afternoon we had a pushchair walk to a local park as the weather was too nice to be inside but our patio was being worked on.

I met someone with her 2 grandchildren and the children played nicely together for a little while. There's only a month between her grandson and mine. As I was walking back I thought I should have asked her if she would like to meet another time but I worry about putting people on the spot. Hopefully we'll see them again.

This afternoon we've got a Child in Need meeting. The little chap's social worker will attend here as she needs to see him in person monthly. His parents may attend via teams.

Wishing you all the best day possible. 🌻

Marydoll Thu 24-Sept-26 08:16:49

Sending love and best wishes, Gingster.♥️

Marydoll Thu 24-Sept-26 08:14:06

Good morning all from Glasgow, where it is 7°C.

Another dreadful night, so I have decided to stay in bed. DH is concerned, because I am not getting any better and seemed to have lost my usual zest for life. I am permanently exhausted.

Karma, I am so happy for you, you must be so relieved.

G.G, Your poor DGS. ♥️

Yesterday, my visit to my new hairdresser was a great success, She has managed to remove all signs of the dreadful haircut, from a few months ago. Now I can start growing it.

Last night DD kept sending old photos, which are stored on our NAS box. Ir means everyone can view family photos, when we are no longer here.
She sent a photo of our group of ten friends, with whom we used to go to various charity balls.
Two died a number of years ago and we stopped going. It just wasn't the same.
The Ebay Queen commented how young and happy we all looked, Now three of our husbands (including mine) are seriously ill. 😪
There was a photo of me, in our cul de sac at 2am, with our pilot friend, in full uniform, having just flown in from a long hall flight.
The only thing missing was his cap. I was wearing it! I do love a man in uniform. 😉

The Ebay Queen sent us videos of her new grandson, born yesterday afternoon.
A poignant, yet joyful time. Mr Ebay's transplant has failed and he is facing yet more gruelling treatment,
The baby's sister was born at the same time as Babydoll and was so sweet, when she asked, whose baby it was. ♥️
She is such a beautiful and gentle little lady, the exact opposite of my darling Babydoll, who at the age of three and a half, is wearing age five clothes and has the voice of a foghorn. 😊

I wish you all a pleasant day.

monk08 Thu 24-Sept-26 08:11:33

Good morning all from the Black country.
Yesterday's toddlers was busy with only 2 helpers fortunately most of the mums are very good and helped with tidying up and craft.
Went to the local pharmacy for flu jab but they are not available until next week, although sign on the door tells you to walk in no appointments necessary.
We have a new community cafe opened so called in there for coffee and cake, will call again cakes delicious all homemade.
DGS2 is 8 today will video call him later.
Have the best day you can everyone whatever your plans, will now make a cuppa 🍵 and catch up with everybody's happenings 😎.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Thu 24-Sept-26 08:10:09

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where currently we have a sunny start. Rain is forecast later and a high of only 15°C.

After a busy day yesterday I have no plans so will potter and let the day unfold. I’m joining my neighbour for a cup of tea around 6pm I’m so grateful to have her in my life. She too was widowed only some 4 months ago and she is 80 next year and very pragmatic. Kind and we do have a laugh together which is good for us both really.

My sister’s husband is being cremated this morning. These things happen within a couple of days on the whole following a death in Spain.

Georgesgran Thu 24-Sept-26 08:10:05

Good Morning from a bright, still Durham. Cold overnight and needed a fleece blanket on my bed.
I’ve no plans today - disappointingly the gardeners came yesterday and I missed them - should’ve been coming today.

Pleased your tooth has gone Karma and that you are soon back to your usual self.

Best wishes to all. X

GrannyGravy13 Thu 24-Sept-26 08:07:26

What a relief to have your tooth sorted Karmalady

Oh my Gingster how upsetting, all that bad news in one go 🌺

Welcome Walthamstowinwaiting 🙋‍♀️

Gagagran Thu 24-Sept-26 07:57:06

Good Morning everyone from the central south coast where it is cooler and cloudier than yesterday.

I had a surprise, but welcome phone call from DGD1 yesterday evening ,to say thank you for her birthday money and to arrange to come and see us. The first date we could agree on is in October but something to look forward to. She was about to depart for a Chinese meal with 7 of her friends, to celebrate her birthday.

We are waiting for the plumber to give us a date to fit the new shower unit so it's back to strip washes for the time being. I did offer to give DH a shower with the garden hose on his return from his day out cycling yesterday. He declined!

I am so pleased that you have had your offending tooth removed Karma. What a very kind and caring dentist to sort it for you and relieve the agony. It will be sore but that is bearable compared to what you were suffering.

I need to finish my Tesco order for tomorrow's delivery and make some plans for the garden now things are going over. It will involve bulbs and winter flowering pansies again. DH has seen a neighbour's lovely display of Japanese anemones and wants me to get some for the rose bed I plan for him to remove in the front garden. I have no experience of them other than reading that they can be invasive.

Thinking of all our GNs with health problems, struggles or worries of any kind and wishing a good day for us all.

Greyduster Thu 24-Sept-26 07:55:08

Good morning and Welcome, WalthamstoweinWaiting! Jump right in😁!

Greyduster Thu 24-Sept-26 07:53:07

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from South Yorkshire where the sun is out and were promised a dry day. Yesterday bought a sweater from M&S and as soon as I got it home and took it out of the bag I knew I was going to take it back again! Impulse buy!

I had a long chat on the phone with DS who has serious and potentially very expensive woes with his fairly new motorhome. He’s awaiting the outcome of diagnostics. He’ll come down at the end of the month to see me and pick up the wedding present I have bought for his stepson and fiancée who get married next month. He is still trying to persuade me to go to the wedding but I hope by now he’s got the message.

Walking group this morning and then lunch with DD. I may call at the garden centre on the way home.

Have the best day you can, folks.

Liberty Thu 24-Sept-26 07:52:36

Good morning from a bright and sunny Suffolk where the natural pond in the garden has finally totally dried up. The little dog decided to go for a walk in it yesterday getting covered in mud and going to the far end where the banks are steep.

She couldn’t climb out so DH had to guide her carefully to the other end where it is flat y talking to her. I was out at the time but he said she looked relieved as he was because he knew if he waded in,his wellies would get stuck.

I have my stretch class this morning and then a pedicure followed by a trip for a chest x-ray at the local hospital. I’ve had an irritating cough for a few weeks now and I think the GP is being ultra cautious as my chest sounded clear when he listened to it a couple of weeks ago.

Good to hear Karma that you got such a speedy response from your dentist yesterday. I hope others with health issues also get such effective help and today is a good one for all.

WalthamstowinWaiting Thu 24-Sept-26 07:52:12

May I join you please? Are there requirements (age; personality; general competence)?

I've just signed up to Gransnet because, last night, my DD and DSiL appeared with some news: they are expecting their first child. DD is my only offspring and, thank God, my DSiL is delightful, so this is good news all around (albeit very early days so we are all trying to be calm and sensible!).

I currently live in south London and will be retiring to east London when I get to that point (I'm past retirement age now but somehow seem to just keep working smile.

brook2704 Thu 24-Sept-26 07:51:23

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s a grey cloudy start to the day
So pleased you got your tooth sorted karma, such good service
A busy but enjoyable day yesterday, today is much quieter with nothing definite planned apart from returning DD2s puppy home this morning. She’s been really good, no trouble at all so she’ll get a good report. We’ve got no internet at the moment, there was a small traffic accident at the top of the road and someone drove into a junction box which caused the outage. It’s quite badly damaged so no idea how long it’ll be until it’s fixed. So I might be away from here from time to time over the coming days
Oh Gingster so sorry to hear about all those worries, everything seems to come at once doesn’t it
Hope everyone has the best day they can, take care all 💐

Gingster Thu 24-Sept-26 07:46:43

Good morning all and it’s a bit dreary but no rain forecast. The weather here has been glorious .

Yesterday I bought violas and two pretty Heather plants from the market, met my friend for coffee, shopped in M and S and she kindly brought me home with my loaded trolley.

I had lots of worrying messages and phone calls. One after the other concerning different friends and family.
Broken hip and stuck in France,
Chest infection and very ill in hospital on a Greek island
Diagnosis of kidney cancer
Chiming lady with infected tooth and her Dh with spinal problems in hospital
And lastly my lovely brother had tripped over a paving slab in his garden and smashed his face. In hospital being treated.

I was frightened to go to bed and wait for morning. What’s going on?

Today we have the District Nurse coming with results of DH’s blood/urine tests. 😕.

Take very good care all 🌻

Redcar Thu 24-Sept-26 07:28:55

Good morning everyone from mid Essex. It’s cloudy and cool out at the moment. I think we’ll have a cooler day today, yesterday was warm with some sun. Yoga yesterday was good and I felt better for the stretching. In the afternoon I cut some of the grass, it’s gradually growing through again but more rain is needed.

I need to clean the kitchen this morning and continue clearing the dining room.

karmalady how kind of your dentist to take your tooth out on her day off. I hope your mouth heals quickly now. Take things easy for a day or two to help the healing process.

madeleine I hope you are able to achieve your goals today! I’m sure you will enjoy having a lovely clean orderly flat later today, and that you enjoy the newly planted garden.

ash what a nuisance that the garage are unable to carry out the updates to your car. Nice to have it cleaned though!

grannygravy your poor Imp! Hope the bump goes down soon.

Have the best day possible everyone, whatever life throws at us all.

luluaugust Thu 24-Sept-26 07:16:15

Good morning from W Kent. Not sure what to do today as the car is still trapped in the garage. It is small art groups, I think I can walk it but it is hilly. Must decide soon. Men are coming to fit a new back door, everything seems to be going at once.
So glad you have been seen karmalady what a relief
Best wishes

Aldom Thu 24-Sept-26 07:12:53

karmalady I'm so happy for you. Good to know you are feeling better.
What a kind dentist! flowers

RosesandLilac Thu 24-Sept-26 07:11:10

Good morning, pretty pink clouds to the east of us here on the hillside in south Glos, a cool 6° at the moment.
Yesterday morning was very satisfying; I went to the local garden centre and bought my compost as well as a beautiful frosted white cyclamen before going for petrol. £50 to fill the tank! 😵‍💫😱 it’ll last me ages, I don’t do much mileage at all and it’s only the second time I’ve filled it since getting my new-to-me car 😁
Then off to the hairdresser and a lovely catchup with my lovely friend there.
I didn’t do much for the rest of the day, tiddler and I sat in my Shed and enjoyed doing nothing 😊 but carry on with a piece of embroidery.
Today I’ll get outside early and do some gardening, then I will replenish my pots and plant violas in them, one of my favourite flowers.
Thank goodness your dentist has sorted it out Karma, hopefully everything will heal quickly.
Have a lovely day 🌹

kittylester Thu 24-Sept-26 07:09:04

Good morning all from North Leicestershire where the temerature is 6°.

Up and off early to take the cat to the vet for a day of hydrating and tests. Then Mount Everest calls before collecting the cat and unpacking a Sainsbury's delivery.

Have the bext day possibke everyone.

karmalady Thu 24-Sept-26 07:03:27

No Grandmabatty no ABs needed, it was caught early enough and appears to have been contained inside the root which was removed intact

Grandmabatty Thu 24-Sept-26 07:01:41

Karma I'm glad the troublesome tooth is no more. Will you need antibiotics to deal with the infection?

GrannyGravy13 Thu 24-Sept-26 06:50:07

Good morning it’s currently 11° with a high if 21°

DGS4’s birthday tea went well yesterday, he is now 7 and growing fast.

This morning the cleaning fairies are here 🧚‍♀️🧚‍♂️ first thing, I need to loo to the farm shop for veggies and fruit. I will pick The Imp up from school for his weekly sleepover here. He had an argument with a door at school on Tuesday, the door won and consequently he has an enormous egg shaped bump on his forehead with the bruise now coming out.

Hope your cold goes quickly Ashcombe

Hope your indoor reorganisation and garden work goes well Madeleine45

(((Hugs))) to all in need 🙋‍♀️

karmalady Thu 24-Sept-26 06:47:08

Good morning from s somerset

Yesterday dentist contacted me to ask about my tooth, 2.30 pm. She messaged me back to say it was her day off but could I get there (75 minutes away from here) she was going to find out if there was a free surgery and nurse and she would go in. Soon she contacted me to say she could see me

I miraculously got there for 4 pm, including negotiating along a long closed-off lane by town, with heart in mouth. She did an mri on my jaw. Could see chronic infection and she said the tooth has to come out and she did it. Utter confidence-giving professionalism and I am eternally grateful to her

Today and for a few days I have to be so careful not to dislodge the clot and cause a dry socket. Last night I was on several painkillers but I may not need any today. Lower molar is more painful because there are more nerves in the locality. It took some pulling but that tells me that my bones are still strong and she thankfully got it out with intact roots

If you ever feel anything twingy when pressing down on a filling, get it seen to, its an early sign of infection, I had ignored it

Obviously a very easy day for me now, lots of rest but a quick visit to the shops, I need more bananas and yoghurt. This morning I ground up jumbo oats, cooked with water and am having them with yoghurt and mashed banana. Having to have soft smooth food did catch me on the hop and I have thrown frozen items and some fresh veg into a bowl in the fridge and will turn that into soup and blend thoroughly. I am missing my wholefoods, I also need to nurture my insides

Thank goodness for very thoughtful and kind people, I met several during the past few days