Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 21st August 2026

(59 Posts)
RosesandLilac Fri 21-Aug-26 06:59:37

Good morning, it’s damp around the edges here on the hillside in south Glos, several decent showers yesterday at last!
I spent most of yesterday afternoon in bed and slept well too, I have added a fleece throw to the bed, my summer duvet isn’t enough now that the nights have cooled down.
Absolutely nothing happening today, I might even stay in bed for a bit 😊
Wishing you a lovely day x
🌹

Grammaretto Fri 21-Aug-26 06:59:30

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where I hope it's to be dry. There's been plenty of rain.
I'm booked on a U3A outing today so have cancelled my volunteer shift.

Now that I have a flitting date there seems no time at all for all the decluttering.
DD has promised to bring a trailer to remove some furniture which she wants.

The charity book sale man is coming for one load on Tuesday.

I hate losing things GMB 😟

Well done to the DGC on their exam results. 👏👏

Hoping everyone has a good day.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 21-Aug-26 06:58:49

Good morning from a cloudy S E Essex, we had rain last evening 👏👏👏

All I have to do today is pack, I may not be posting whilst away as the teens have been told no-tech, so I will probably join them.

Be back soon 🙋‍♀️

latedecember1963 Fri 21-Aug-26 06:53:09

Time for a prayer to St Anthony, Grandmabatty. 🤔🙏

latedecember1963 Fri 21-Aug-26 06:49:57

Good morning everyone from a damp Anglesey.
Congratulations to your DGD, GrandMattie and all who did well in their GCSEs.
I also spare a thought for those who aren't as academic. Over the years I worked with many children who tried so hard but just couldn't grasp enough to get the top marks.

We didn't get to soft play yesterday as all sessions were fully booked when I phoned at 9am. Probably a combination of a bad weather forecast and parents/carers desperate for somewhere to go at this stage in the summer holiday. I'll know to plan ahead in future.

Instead we met my Anglesey friend for lunch at a garden centre. I bought a pale pink dwarf buddlea for the garden at home.
The weather turned out ok and the little chap enjoyed playing on yhe decking when we got back.

We did a video call with DH after tea.

This morning we'll go to a Slimming World group in Cemaes and then have a run around on the beach if it's not too rainy.

Wishing you all the best day possible. 🌻

Grandmabatty Fri 21-Aug-26 06:39:52

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 9° and dry. Much cooler. Bellasnana enjoy your morning with your treasure. GrandMattie well done to your dgd.
Yesterday I was back at the school library and did some tidying and repairing. Then I had a chiropodist appointment. In the afternoon, I pottered about and sorted out the kitchen. Ds asked me to bring his spare key at the weekend but it is not where I usually keep it! I have looked everywhere and can't find it. I don't remember getting it back from him but that means nothing. I'll search again today. It did mean I tidied 2 kitchen drawers and my wardrobe.
Today, in addition to searching, I'm meeting friends for coffee. One of our group is having surgery next week and she will be housebound until she recovers fully. I'll pick up one friend who no longer drives and take her home again. Then back to looking for those keys! I'm really hoping ds finds them at his house. Have a good day all.

Bellasnana Fri 21-Aug-26 06:23:55

Good morning from Malta where another sunny day is forecast with a high of 39°C.

Felt so tired yesterday after a lousy night that I went to lie on the bed at around 1pm. Was awoken by my phone ringing at 2.45 pm, it was DD3 and the boys who were on my doorstep! I had slept through the doorbell.

Anyway, they all came in a stayed until 5.30 ish so we had a lovely afternoon. I love it when DD3 isn’t dashing off somewhere and we get to chat.

I’m having DGS2 this morning while his brother goes to occupational therapy, then I have an appointment for a colour at my original hairdresser who is now back to work part-time after successful surgery for bowel cancer.

I have been watching the tennis in Cincinnati which has had a few surprise results! Looking forward to the US Open as Alcaraz will be back from four months injury. I hope he’s back on form.

Congrats to your DGD grandMattie and to all the grandchildren who have been successful.🥳

I always spare a thought for the ones who did not do well as I struggled with exams and only scraped through four ‘O’ levels and no ‘A’ levels. However, it hasn’t stopped me having a full and happy life. We aren’t all cut out to be academic.

Wishing a good day to all.☀️

grandMattie Fri 21-Aug-26 05:23:11

Good morning from a dry, overcast Bristol. The temperatures are lower and the nights are getting longer as we are about 4 weeks from the autumn equinox.
Yesterday was interesting. I realised that my “quick” vacuum was going to get longer as it was blocked. Cue pulling the Dyson apart to remove the blockage, success, but it took much longer than expected.
The lemon/lime marmalade also took longer to set and is very dark for some reason; just got to label it this morning.
After a rather uncomfortable t’ai chi class (ankle still troublesome) I had my annual pc MOT. My lovely pc man does it remotely, puts the Norton thingy on his group account and is generally wonderful. He really is a magician. Meanwhile, we also backed up all my stuff onto my external hard drive, after moving my photos from the Apple devices.
Quiet evening.
DGD’s exam results were excellent and she’s very happy with them. She and her friends spent the day and evening celebrating.
r&l, I hope that you are taking professional advice and doing as little as possible, and that the antibiotics are working.
Carpe diem 🌹🦩🦩🦩

Michael12 Fri 21-Aug-26 05:00:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry outside here in Brackley this morning.
Up to my usual routine with a bus trip into Bicester , do a shop and hopefully chat to those I know.
My health's OK .
Take Care,
Mick