We went off somewhere most Sundays when we were young, often with other family members in another car. It was sometimes not far from home and other times we went to the coast or down to Exmoor or the New Forest etc. Nearly always took a picnic, sometimes stopped at a pub near home on the way back and sat in the carpark with a Vimto and crisps.
Not always my favourite way to spend the day as I suffered with travel sickness, still cannot go far sat in the back of a car, but until I was old enough to stay at home I had no choice.
Up until my mum died she always enjoyed days out, not many days would go by before she got itchy feet. Dad enjoyed driving right up to his death, even when he worked an HGV driver.
We used to get out and about with my boys when they were young, so the travelling around continued. These days I am happy to stay away from the crowds and don't like being out in the heat.
Do You Have Any Strange Memories?

