Good morning all from a wet Glasgow, where it is 12°C.
Last night was a bit hectic at Mass. We have a young Mexican seminarian staying in the parish. I introduced myself in Spanish, the PP now thinks I am multi lingual. I can actually only remember a few words. 🤣
As usual, the P.P hadn't thought about vestments for him. MD, find O something to wear.
Where?
Everything is over in the actual church, which is out of bounds. I remembered I had washed a spare surplice and went to find it. It had been thrown in the wardrobe, by one of the servers. Three irons later, none were working I ended up in the presbytery, where I had no idea how to work the iron, which had a tank.
Then I stole a cassock, belonging to one of the taller altar sellers, it had no buttons. MD will pin it with safety pins, said the PP,
Remember, we are in a church hall, with a minimum of items.
Of course, I produced two safety pins! 😉
My mother's button box is at the bottom of the linen cupboard, I am sure to find the appropriate buttons.
The only problem, it is filled with suitcases and my present boxes. I dread going in that cupboard. 🙈
I have a busy day planned. I am off a journey, the next stage of rectifying the dreadful hair cut I had.
Then I will pop into M&S food hall, for a few bits and pieces for DH..
I plan to make Steak Diane, to tempt him to eat, although, he does not deserve it..
I spoke to DS1 at Mass last night. He had asked DH how had got on at the doctor's. DH must have been at a different appointment from me. He lied by omission to DS1.
I put DS right on a few things, I'm weary of carrying this burden alone.
Later, we are off to see Babydoll and her parents to deliver Dollie's old balance bike and a few other bits and pieces.
I shall make strawberry tarts to take, with little baby ones for the Duracell bunny. She is particularly wild just now.😱
DH will not be driving, I will!
Finally, reading about customs at JFK reminded me of our experience. We were standing in a very long queue with toddler Dollie and her parents.
I was quite anxious, having had a recent heart attack and carrying a large bag of medication, including a Fentanyl. I was sure I was going to be arrested.
I spotted a customs officer, standing at an empty station. I went over and asked him, what I should do about the CD.
He had just come on duty, asked me to wait, while he sorted his radio etc.
Then asked to see my boarding card and escorted me through customs, without searching my things. A similar thing happened on entry into the USA.
Safe journey home, ma'am, he said. My family were still in the long queue with a very vocal Dollie calling for her gran.
Good to hear you quite upbeat R&L.
Buona Domenica, everyone.