Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 14th August 2026

(54 Posts)
latedecember1963 Fri 14-Aug-26 05:54:47

Good morning everyone from Anglesey.
Poor DH was woken with a cramp about 40 minutes ago. I got him a drink and he's now deep in slumber again but I'm wide awake.

Congratulations to NannyJan's and Karma's young relatives on their A Level results. Exciting times ahead.

Yesterday was a relaxed day pottering about the caravan. It was slightly cooler, with a breeze which was more comfortable for DH. I'm loving this gorgeous weather, but DH finds it energy sapping.

Today I've got a treat. DH has agreed to look after the little chap while I go to meet up with my Anglesey friend.
She's wonderful with him, but I am conscious that we can't natter and mooch about in the same way as we'd become accustomed in recent years.

Wishing you all the best day possible and continued recovery to all those not feeling great. 🌻

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Fri 14-Aug-26 05:49:27

A very early ‘Good morning everyone’ from south Manchester where I’m awake ridiculously early for no good reason. I slept well for six hours, waking at 4am. Couldn’t get back off so I gave up. Never mind.

The forecast here is for sunshine and a very pleasant 25°C. My little family of four fly out to Málaga this afternoon and I shall join them all next week.

I’m going over to see friends locally this afternoon. They have the most gorgeous garden (no hosepipe bans hereabouts) and we plan an afternoon of sitting in it - with wine , food and chat.

I can either get a bus and then walk for 25 minutes or, if the afternoon is as pleasant as expected, I intend to stroll all the way, enjoying the sunshine which will take me an hour.

The Matt cartoon made me laugh this morning so I thought I’d share it. 😁

karmalady Fri 14-Aug-26 05:26:10

Good morning from s somerset, warm and sunny again today

I did not do much at all yesterday, until 4pm when I could not stand the inactivity any longer. I cycled (ebike) to the allotment and was not surprised at being the only one there. Two solid hours of hard digging, lifting and watering, all the time trying to tell myself to slow down. Anyway mission accomplished and I have removed plants to improve the growing area around two beds

DGD did well at her A levels and is now on her dream path of becoming an engineer, my grandnephew also did very well and is going on to study for an ocean-related degree at uni. The whole extended family is proud and happy

I have a messy big fridge to sort today and don`t want to leave everything to last minute before my family gathering. Everything else today will just happen, it always does

Michael12 Fri 14-Aug-26 04:56:46

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight here in Brackley and its dry with another hot day .
The usual bus trip to shop and hopefully speak to those I know , before returning home ,and getting Fish & Chips from chip shop.
Health I have Urine infection ,am going on a course of anti biotics as well.
Take Care,
Mick