Gransnet forums

Chat

At last, one that I enjoy.

(56 Posts)
chicken Thu 13-Aug-26 17:05:00

I’ve found an advert. on TV that I actually enjoyed watching! It was the one for Air ram cleaners that features a crowd of animated dust particles being swept up in a hurry as unexpected visitors arrive. I can’t remember the last time that I would willingly watch an advert. again. I still dislike intensely the chewing gum one of a head with two mouths, and the one with a girl who screams at the sight of a drop of blood when she cleans her teeth. Has anyone spotted another advert. that’s actually worth a second look?

icanhandthemback Sun 16-Aug-26 11:03:43

Seabreeze

I hate the one for tenna pants & panty liners. I don’t think the one for liners especially with graphic descriptions should be shown early evening when small children are about.

I don't think we should be ashamed of incontinence so I don't mind those but whoever thought up the advert about the "gush". That is just revolting and I object to it being shown when I am eating. What's wrong with "heavy flow"? Gush...🤢🥴

Seabreeze Sun 16-Aug-26 00:03:27

I hate the one for tenna pants & panty liners. I don’t think the one for liners especially with graphic descriptions should be shown early evening when small children are about.

missdeke Sat 15-Aug-26 15:55:14

I loathe most adverts, but I quite like the Range Rover one where it's all peaceful, birds singing and insects buzzing, then there is a thwack of a ball on a bat/raquet, it lands in the unrippled pool then there is a huge great Golden Retriever lands in the pool to get the ball. No music and no stupid songs and no talking. Lovely!

Rocketstop2 Sat 15-Aug-26 14:21:13

Calendargirl

So much better than the ghastly train adverts with the puppet with red hair jumping about.

I agree ! I got told off by my Granddaughters when I started having a tirade about that puppet, they said they loved it !!!

Milest0ne Sat 15-Aug-26 00:26:20

Hate the voice on the Aldi ads

MissAdventure Fri 14-Aug-26 23:35:04

youtu.be/zTHlac9vga4?is=ZB96sgqFbxBpJ5KF

Gingster Fri 14-Aug-26 22:54:00

I laugh every time I see this one.

Dickensian times a dirty, vagabond is about to pickpocket a gentleman, when he pretends to peer over to look at his paper.
The gentleman says ‘you must join us this evening’

Then you see them sitting in their lounge with filthy man watching the tv. I thing it’s the licence fee advert.

I haven’t described it well but it amuses me each time.

WithNobsOnIt Fri 14-Aug-26 22:34:11

Been trying to use this facility all day. Would not work.

Not really a commercial tv advert.

But try the Ramesh Rangathan BBC advert. What has the BBC ever done for me. Has got tol be the pits

Naff and cheesy to say the least.
Raganathan who sold out years ago on having any of his own opinions actually looks ashamed at taking part.

Never mind Romesh. I'm sure C4: would give you your own well paid series or a job presenting. If you leave the BBC.

123gran Fri 14-Aug-26 20:11:52

GrandmaKT

123gran

Does anyone remember the Halifax (I think) advert with a dancing employee - Howard was it?. He wore specs and was so charismatic. I wonder what happened to him. Would love to see it again.

Here you go 123gran!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBo2QyYyLuE&list=RDBBo2QyYyLuE&start_radio=1

Thanks Grandma KT - that’ll keep me busy!

MayBee70 Fri 14-Aug-26 19:43:13

ReturningFromExile

I love the SpecSavers one about the shortsighted vet applying a stethoscope to a fur hat in mistake for a moggy!

There was a Specsavers one in which a farmer sheared his sheepdog along with the sheep. I actually met the dog who starred in that at a local country park.

MayBee70 Fri 14-Aug-26 19:39:30

RSALLAN2002

The one where they dance around singing about upset stomach, indigestion and diahharoeah. Cant remember what its for. There seems to be no limit to bad taste in adverts these days.

One of the bands sang that at the Why Not festival last weekend and it went down very well with the crowd!

Dodo43 Fri 14-Aug-26 19:35:52

G Tech vacuum cleaners have a new advert out where all the dust is represented by tiny fluffy creatures who sing. It's very cute.
A few years ago there was an ad with a character called Brian who was a robot. That too was very appealing. I can't remember what it was advertising.Does anyone remember that?

Rosie51 Fri 14-Aug-26 19:35:28

Just watched it Dickens, another like from me, very clever and funny!

GrandmaKT Fri 14-Aug-26 19:33:17

123gran

Does anyone remember the Halifax (I think) advert with a dancing employee - Howard was it?. He wore specs and was so charismatic. I wonder what happened to him. Would love to see it again.

Here you go 123gran!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBo2QyYyLuE&list=RDBBo2QyYyLuE&start_radio=1

123gran Fri 14-Aug-26 19:22:42

Does anyone remember the Halifax (I think) advert with a dancing employee - Howard was it?. He wore specs and was so charismatic. I wonder what happened to him. Would love to see it again.

123gran Fri 14-Aug-26 19:18:22

ferry23

I quite like the train advert where Grandma is telling GD about falling in love when she was in Italy. GD says she didn't know her and Grandad had met in Italy and Grandma says "oh no that was the next year".

A good example of reminding these youngsters that Grandmas were young once upon a time!

Yet another ‘like’ for the train advert from me. I suppose we grannies are the target demographic.

mokryna Fri 14-Aug-26 19:01:23

I don’t like the one of the mother laughing with her son after his teacher had asked her to discuss a problem with him. This product, a ‘fruit’ drink has had also shown disrespect in a court room towards a judge, I seem to remember.

The weirdest one isn’t being shown this month, thank goodness, was two men advertising cofra safety shoes. AI made?

I do like the grandmother on the train though.

Dickens Fri 14-Aug-26 18:59:24

This is not a British ad, but some of you might remember it - please watch - it is the funniest advertisement I have ever seen, and it never gets old.

I've watched it an unhealthy number of times. The music is good too.

youtu.be/13GTbEW0bco

Snowbell Fri 14-Aug-26 17:56:41

Me too. And the relaxing yoga session one. Spoils the station for me.

Snowbell Fri 14-Aug-26 17:47:57

Totally agree. Revolting!

Rosie51 Fri 14-Aug-26 17:41:52

ferry23

I quite like the train advert where Grandma is telling GD about falling in love when she was in Italy. GD says she didn't know her and Grandad had met in Italy and Grandma says "oh no that was the next year".

A good example of reminding these youngsters that Grandmas were young once upon a time!

I try not to watch adverts, I record most stuff I want to watch and fast forward, but I've seen this one and like it. In a similar vein I always liked the ariel one where the son just comes back from Glastonbury.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF2cQsuyv3w

"we didn't wear any clothes" grin

Beechnut Fri 14-Aug-26 17:37:59

Wedi

I too like the anxious owner waiting for his dog , which arrives with highly coloured plasters on his legs .
I've tried to discover the actor who plays the owner . Does anyone know his name ?

Another one who likes the "falling in love" Grandma one .

His name is Bhav Joshi and he was in Granite Harbour.

DamaskRose Fri 14-Aug-26 17:18:20

ferry23

Those old adverts that had a narrative and were funny, intriguing...they were the best.

A couple mentioned upthread. Always waiting to see the next installment of the Gold Blend ad.

Joan Collins & Leonard Rossiter, Cinzano - classic

The PG Tips chimps.

Lorraine Chase - Campari and Luton Airport

Nice one Cyril - Wonderloaf ad. Which, incidentally was created by Peter Mayle who went on to write the hugely successful A Year in Provence followed by his travel memoirs.

The martians in For Mash get Smash.

They don't make them like that any more.

All of these! Can’t choose just one!

JustkeepswimmingDonna Fri 14-Aug-26 17:12:38

I loathe adverts of any kind, but I do like the chocolate ad with the little girl in the corner shop buying her mum a bar of chocolate and paying with her tiny toys.

Catless Fri 14-Aug-26 16:23:45

I love listening to Classic Fm, apart from the many inane adverts that are repeated over and over throughout the day. Ones that spring to mind are listing the ingredients of Shredded Wheat, and how Great Britain is not doing so well of late because of people who don't stack the dishwasher properly. I often feel like throwing something at the radio, but have to satisfy myself with just firmly switching it off!